Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Back to Back - Waterloo & La Porte, IA

I talked to Roy last night and they are having a peoples choice pork loin (donated by Sam's Club) to be turned in Saturday at 7pm. He is going to bring them to us in Waterloo Friday night if you want to cook them there.

Any of you making a stop at Hawgeyes before coming to Waterloo? If so, can you pick something up for me?
No plans...but Mike is coming to the IBS meeting Tue night and if he brings your order I will be happy to bring it for you. There is a chance I will be in Ankeny this week but won't know for sure until tomorrow. Let's touch base then.

No plans...but Mike is coming to the IBS meeting Tue night and if he brings your order I will be happy to bring it for you. There is a chance I will be in Ankeny this week but won't know for sure until tomorrow. Let's touch base then.

Thanks, Rod. I'll ask him to bring a box to the meeting. I appreciate it!

We have an extra room at the Ramada Inn, downtown that we are cancelling tonight, in the event anyone needed it.

Monty, PM sent.

To quote a Poison song from the 80's....Oh My God, Look what the cat dragged in...

I will be there...looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones...

We will be in both for the first time and I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to manage both. Do you turn brisket in, pack up, and drop the trailer off in LPC then come back to Waterloo for the awards or just wait until after the awards then head to LPC? Looks like it is only about 10 to 15 minutes one way on google maps from LPC to Waterloo. Also does anyone know if there is a campground we can dump water from the camper and refill on the way to LPC. The wives refuses to stay in the camper without a shower once if not twice a day so we always use most of the water tank at BBQ competitions and will need some on Sunday to keep the woman happy. Can't complain to much though they always smell better then we do on Saturday.

We will be in both for the first time and I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to manage both. Do you turn brisket in, pack up, and drop the trailer off in LPC then come back to Waterloo for the awards or just wait until after the awards then head to LPC? Looks like it is only about 10 to 15 minutes one way on google maps from LPC to Waterloo. Also does anyone know if there is a campground we can dump water from the camper and refill on the way to LPC. The wives refuses to stay in the camper without a shower once if not twice a day so we always use most of the water tank at BBQ competitions and will need some on Sunday to keep the woman happy. Can't complain to much though they always smell better then we do on Saturday.

I am packed and ready to roll after brisket. I drop off my trailer and come back for awards. That also provides time to go grab an early dinner somewhere then too after awards. There is a gas station going into laporte with a dump station. Cant think of the name. Maybe pronto. Not sure of filling up again.

You can fill the water at the La Porte park. As you drive in theres a water station. Don't think theres a dump there though.

I took a dump before we pulled in to LaPorte. It's a gas station before you get in to town...

We waited until after awards to haul down to LaPorte City last year...I'm not sure what we will do this year, however, I don't think either is a bad plan.

On another note, the worst job (for me) of competitions is the shopping during contest week...this double crap really makes the shopping suck:doh: I think I've spent about 5 hours going to and in stores buying crap for this weekend...didn't help that I wasout of nearly everything

We waited until after awards to haul down to LaPorte City last year...I'm not sure what we will do this year, however, I don't think either is a bad plan.

On another note, the worst job (for me) of competitions is the shopping during contest week...this double crap really makes the shopping suck:doh: I think I've spent about 5 hours going to and in stores buying crap for this weekend...didn't help that I wasout of nearly everything
I hear that. Told my grocer last week I wanted a case of thighs and he said no problem. Called yesterday and was told they were coming last night on the delivery. Guess what? Didn't show up.

Amen!!!!

I hear that. Told my grocer last week I wanted a case of thighs and he said no problem. Called yesterday and was told they were coming last night on the delivery. Guess what? Didn't show up.
Same thing happened to me, I ordered 48 thighs (smart chicken) and only 24 showed up this am........cook 24 in wloo, maybe wings in laporte? or 12 and 12 at each, not much to choose from!!

Back