THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not even close, I love cooking on my pit, I have so much to learn, and I have yet to send anyone home hungry. One day maybe, until then I will continue to learn and enjoy the process.

I would say I am a Pit Master. But that's only because I use the Master of all set it and forget it, you just can't help but turn out great food, charcoal-fired Pits: the Pit Barrel Cooker!

You can only be a Pitmaster...if you have a "pit".

If you stand on your patio in flip flops while slapping sauce on some ribs and tossing them on a pellet smoker and taking a nap while they cook.....not much of "pitmaster" in that.

Nope, I'm too dam lazy to dig a pit in my back yard. Plus, knowing me, I'd probably fall into it.

I don't consider myself a pitmaster. Like others, I have been told my friends, family and customers that my BBQ is the best that they have ever had. I always feel that they are just being nice though :p I enjoy cooking and enjoy even more when someone likes what they are eating.

I don't consider myself a pitmaster. Like others, I have been told my friends, family and customers that my BBQ is the best that they have ever had. I always feel that they are just being nice though :p I enjoy cooking and enjoy even more when someone likes what they are eating.

Applies to me as well.
Nicely said:thumb:

Pitmaster? No. Me and my girls are "intimate". Some days it toe curling, eyes rolling back in your head great, and other days we argue like cats and dogs. The arguments happen a lot less often and sometimes I'm cursing myself trying to figure out what went wrong. I think real pitmasters can head off a mistake before it happens. I've gotten a lot better at recovering from mistakes like weather and speeding up slow cooks. Pitmaster? No. Not sure I'll ever be. But I can pretend to be one in front of my friends :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If someone says "he's a Pitmaster" or something to that effect, I assume that person is being paid to cook bbq.
So no I am not. But, I wouldn't even put myself in a category that is even close to Pitmaster. More like Backyard Hack (low and) Slowly Getting Better.

Back