THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give the peace sign at the top of the 2nd inning so we know it's you. :thumb:

If I remember. I'll do it, our seats are off to the left of the right batters box. When looking in from center field. So you might not see me. But I'll do it. They have a blaze orange brewer shirt with the old mb(glove) logo that I might buy before the game. I'll log on during the game.

Here it is.

I left the skin on it and scored it. Let me know what you think and tips for next time. It came out juicy, I cooked it until the temp reached 165, wrapped it in 2 pieces of heavy duty foil, dropped it in the cooler and let it sit for 2 hours. Please keep in mind this is only my 3rd time smoking anything. I started with some baby backs, then did a brisket 2 weeks ago and now this pork shoulder.

Well here is how it came out:

WP_000645.jpg

WP_000646.jpg

WP_000648.jpg

WP_000649.jpg

That's some mighty fine looking pork. I'd definitely hit that. How did you like the taste of the smoke you chose? Also, have fun at the game. Go Brewers!

Last edited:
It was great. But I really have nothing to compare it to, but like I said it's only the 3rd thing I've smoked. The mixture of apple and hickory was pretty good.

If I remember. I'll do it, our seats are off to the left of the right batters box. When looking in from center field. So you might not see me. But I'll do it. They have a blaze orange brewer shirt with the old mb(glove) logo that I might buy before the game. I'll log on during the game.

Actually, after thinking about it it's off to the right. But I'll still try.:thumb:

I'm guessing you were at more of a chopping/cutting consistency rather than pulling temp - which is fine - flavor is still great. Try taking it up to when the bone is loose (or a probe slides in with no resistance) & then rest. It'll pull apart really nice.

When it comes to cooking, dry wood is IMO a better way to go. Outside of cooking I have found a moist environment to be ideal for wood.

7:50 PM
I just saw you give the two fisted peace sign!
Your shirt kind of looks yellow on TV. You have a hat on. Too cool!!!!!!!!

Wasn't me. After watching the DVR they didn't even show where I was sitting.

You got to be kidding. I would have swore that was you. The guy looked right at carera a gave the piece sign............dang! :doh:

Need a new sign for next time............hold up a Brethren poster!! and set closer to the home plate. :-D

New number of people I have seen at a ball game, that I know, on TV = 0

Back