THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DR

Take a breath!
I am thinking about getting new competition injector and have looked at the auto fill injector from the Mid Atlantic BBQ Association. Really nice looking injector. But i have read where some of that stye of injectors, seem to clog up. I only inject with Butchers injection and water or AJ, but not sure if you can even use that or not.

ANy help is appreciated.

http://mabbqa.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=25

I've used a similar one, and as long as the injection is well mixed you'll be fine. The only problem I ever had was trying to suck injection out the pan that the pork was injected in, instead of straight from the original container the injection was mixed in.

• Thanks
Reactions: DR
I use the BDI injector http://www.ssomd.com/bdi-injector and also like to use butchers I always strain my injections before using it so I have not had an issues. Only issues that I have heard are those that use them that have a lot of larger seasoning elements in their injection base.

• Thanks
you guys that are straining. Are you using something like a coffee filter? I would think a regular strainer would leave too big of chunks still. Im not too worried about the particulates as i just use water and Butchers injection but still want to get the longest life i can out of it.

you guys that are straining. Are you using something like a coffee filter? I would think a regular strainer would leave too big of chunks still. Im not too worried about the particulates as i just use water and Butchers injection but still want to get the longest life i can out of it.

If you look at strainers, you will see that there are different levels of mesh; some have a much finer wire mesh than others. The finer mesh will usually do the trick. otherwise, use cheesecloth.

Regarding the injectors and the clogging of them, I have found that if that happens, pull the tube out of the injection, put into glass of water, remove needle from gun, stick the end of the gun into same glass of water, and squeeze trigger. It will take a few squeezes, but it works.

The diaphragm in the end of the injector is very tight. Remember, these are sold and used for animal injections of liquids.

• Thanks
Bouillon skimmer works great.

• Thanks
I tried it maybe just bad luck but it did n't make past 2 comps.. Luckly I had my back up http://spitjack.com/product/MAGNUM.html and it has lasted years!

I guess I have the same luck, mine didn't last that long either.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but mine didn't have clear vinyl tube, and the plastic container part of the injector wasn't clear. Both pieces was a cloudy yellow.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but mine didn't have clear vinyl tube, and the plastic container part of the injector wasn't clear. Both pieces was a cloudy yellow.

Mine are a little yellow too, but work like a champ.

What happened that you stopped using it?

Send it back, I'll fix or replace it. I've been using the same one for almost 5 years.

The slight yellow tint in the tubing and barrel is to prevent sun damage to sensitive medicines when inoculating animals in the field.

Send it back, I'll fix or replace it. I've been using the same one for almost 5 years.

The slight yellow tint in the tubing and barrel is to prevent sun damage to sensitive medicines when inoculating animals in the field.

Thanks! I'll dig it out and test it again, and pm you my findings and go from there.

I do believe that MABA (your) products are the highest quality, and contest life changed for the better with that wonderful 14 knife. :clap:

Back