THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We do. What's wrong with that? I get wet aging brisket, but what's so wrong about getting meat a few days prior?

I love aged beef,wet or dry,but pork,I prefer poopin' n gruntin' in the mornin,Smokin in the afternoon.Never tried aged chicken though.

Not much is simple about competition 'que!!!

One of us is missing the point. Walking is simple - competition walking is complex. Chess is simple - competition chess is exceedingly complex.
BBQing can be considered is a simple way of cooking outside and drinking a few beers - normally undertaken by the mere males who have a problem cooking in a kitchen so one could assume it MUST BE SIMPLE. If you want to enter competitions that is competing and that becomes complex because of the competition!
:razz::razz:
John

We do. What's wrong with that? I get wet aging brisket, but what's so wrong about getting meat a few days prior?

I dont think i could cut it yhat close knowing i dont have the perfect pieces of meat yet.My wife says I have OCBBQD=obsessive compulsive BBQ disorder lol. I'm very particular about the weight, physical size, appearance, marbling, pack date, brand, And anything else you can think of to be worried about in competition. My buddy Jason, my BBQ boyfriend as my wife calls him taught me a lot, and one thing you should never have to worry about a few days or even a few weeks before a comp is meat. I take notes, remember, change plans, practice the plans, change timelines, practice more, cook by feel, compare results, ask family for honest brutal opinions, and bam, 1 year later I got 6 grand championships, 2 of which had over 100 teams. No such thing as over prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think i could cut it yhat close knowing i dont have the perfect pieces of meat yet.My wife says I have OCBBQD=obsessive compulsive BBQ disorder lol. I'm very particular about the weight, physical size, appearance, marbling, pack date, brand, And anything else you can think of to be worried about in competition. My buddy Jason, my BBQ boyfriend as my wife calls him taught me a lot, and one thing you should never have to worry about a few days or even a few weeks before a comp is meat. I take notes, remember, change plans, practice the plans, change timelines, practice more, cook by feel, compare results, ask family for honest brutal opinions, and bam, 1 year later I got 6 grand championships, 2 of which had over 100 teams. No such thing as over prepared.

Gotcha. Thanks for the resume.

Not a resume, just put a lot of work into it and it pays off. Just like sharing and helpin others that share the same passion of bbq

My private stock :grin:

c8cf8e15.jpg

and my angry bull...

375_zps51e204cd.jpg

372_zps218c8e97.jpg

My 21cft is full, of pizzas and ice cream most of the time... Making room now for 20 chickens that my buddy and I are butchering on the 1st of June. Hoping to fill it with at least 3 deer this fall, one just didn't cut it last year.

Back