THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TK, can you tell them about the 6 hogs you bought for the pig roast? You can just endorse the check and send it to me!!!
Sorry you won't be able to make it. Maybe on Wed. you should call in with the "Swine Flu"?

NUTZ

Had a 3 hour meeting with leadership today and in the midst of it was assigned to visit South Dakota to work with a team on a business proposal beginning October 7 and through the weekend.

I'm so farking disappointed about this because I had already started tying flies to wrestle steelhead, and eat, drink, and watch a dude bagpipe. More importantly I'm bummed because I had committed to SoCal Brian to drive him up and it's now in the chitter. I also corresponded with Chuckwagon offline and planned to do pork bellies filipino style which are actually a damn big hit anywhere I do them.

I've tried to get out of these business trips before, blaming pre-arranged travel. It doesn't work, they have me compile the expenses and reimburse in full. This sucks arse because although I have traveled in some time and have been itching to go, this is totally wrong.

F-me, I'm really sorry folks and I'll PM Brian in case he doesn't catch this sooner. I hope he's still able to make it up.

TK, you aren't the first who's plans got busted by a proposal effort, trust me, and you won't be the last. Life goes on and everyone understands what pays the bills has to come first...

TK, you aren't the first who's plans got busted by a proposal effort, trust me, and you won't be the last. Life goes on and everyone understands what pays the bills has to come first...

I can vouch for that. Arlin had to miss my last bash for similar reasons.

9 days away to start of Northern California/ State of Jefferson "Oinktoberfest" Bash.

Teams and families currently signed up are Butte Creek BBQ (Yelonutz), Pit Pros BBQ, Mar's Mobile Grill, Chuck Wagon BBQ, Dragon's Breath BBQ, Bank Street BBQ, Apple Jack's BBQ, High Sierra BBQ, Big Lou's BBQ and a number of dutch oven cooks.

If you are thinking of attending, even if for just one day---please contact me
Leonard Sanders 530-990-3539 or PM me here

I am typoglycemic

Thanks for putting down the name of your town my wife Niki live in Rancho Cordova out of Sacramento CA. We have been discussing when money gets better moving back to Ca , your area looks good with the cost of houses being close to what we have here in South Carolina.
Will be checking out the job market for myself , Niki worked for the Department of Justice and is going to take early retirement out. When we come that way my plans are to bring a Lang reverse flow smoker with me to compete with in Ca.

Had a 3 hour meeting with leadership today and in the midst of it was assigned to visit South Dakota to work with a team on a business proposal beginning October 7 and through the weekend.

I'm so farking disappointed about this because I had already started tying flies to wrestle steelhead, and eat, drink, and watch a dude bagpipe. More importantly I'm bummed because I had committed to SoCal Brian to drive him up and it's now in the chitter. I also corresponded with Chuckwagon offline and planned to do pork bellies filipino style which are actually a damn big hit anywhere I do them.

I've tried to get out of these business trips before, blaming pre-arranged travel. It doesn't work, they have me compile the expenses and reimburse in full. This sucks arse because although I have traveled in some time and have been itching to go, this is totally wrong.

F-me, I'm really sorry folks and I'll PM Brian in case he doesn't catch this sooner. I hope he's still able to make it up.

Texas sized Mega Bash copout!:biggrin:

"Oinktoberfest" Bash is next weekend Oct 9th, 10th, and 11th. If you would like to attend for all weekend or even for just a few hours PM me here.

I had read that some of the brethren might be flying in. If this is the case let me know Im only 35 mins from the air port and can load up 8 farkers in the expedition for the ride up.

So what is the problem?

Give a call to Brethren Midnight, grab a webcam, and have a satellite bash back to California.

Or just tell me what hotel you are staying at.

Its not like I won't find out.

Just a couple more days til my first bash, of course, I will be there for just Friday night. And I will probably need help with the homebrew I am bringing since I can't really walk right now.

Landarc---upon entering the park --tell them that you are in space 81 in the group tent area. I am sure there will be home brew help.

See you tomorrow afternoon

Northern California/ State of Jefferson "Oinktoberfest" Bash is this weekend---starting tomorrow. If you want to come by even for a short time you are welcome. We are expecting about 50 people but we still have more room.

Whole hog smoked dinner is Saturday night

Backstreet BBQ says he can dance sword dance to Chuck Wagon BBQ's Bagpipes-----might prove entertaining

Awesome Bash----thanks all.

Saturday night we fed about 50 people smoked whole hog and many other delights.

Special thanks to Landarc for his "Homebrew"

Very Special thanks to Yelonutz for the use of his "Gator" and his jars of "Sticky Pickles" and "Cherry Bombs" Yelonutz's home made Hot Links were a hit and his other assorted pork treats.

Thanks to Benjet and a55bag and whoever I forgot.

If this didn't happen because of pictures---then it didn't happen

Back