THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a real firm count on who is coming and if there is enough interest in Tee shirts to get some made up. I'm sure we will need a minimum of 20 or so. The logo is on the Wiki and provided by brother Tim Mar. Post em up and lets see!! We are thinking about adding a couplea bucks on to each one and give the money to charity. Chime in .

NUTZ

Last edited:
We need a real firm count on who is coming and if there is enough interest in Tee shirts to get some made up. I'm sure we will need a minimum of 20 or so. The logo is on the Wiki and provided by brother Tim Mar. Post em up and lets see!! We are thinking about adding a couplea buck on to each one and give the money to charity. Chime in .

NUTZ

We got a Wiki?

Anyone interested in BBQ is welcome to "Oinktoberfest" Bash. Members of 3 different Forums have been invited www.cbbqa.org (California BBQ Association) www.camp-cook.com and www.bbq-brethren.com Some folks are members of all 3 forums.

There is a WIKI page on the www.cbbqa.org website that outlines a few things, but it is not required to be a CBBQA member to attend "Oinktoberfest"
"Oinktoberfest Bash" will be held Oct 9th, 10th, and 11th in Oroville, CA. Most folks are arriving Friday afternoon and evening and leaving sometime Sunday. You are welcome even if you want to come for one day. The Bash is being held at "River Reflections RV Park" at 4360 Pacific Heights Road. The park is next to Hwy 70 and the Feather River. The only requirement to attend is a Pot Luck dish of some sort for each meal that you will be attending. Pot Luck dishes are being kept track of on the CBBQA Wiki page. Saturday night's dinner will feature a whole hog smoked by Harry Stewart of "Great American BBQ" in Alameda, CA. If we get enough attendees then I will also roast a whole hog on an open rottiesserre. We can compare pros and cons of smoked VS roasted. We were going to charge a little money to cover pig costs---but the pigs have been donated.

The only costs will be for camping spots at "River Reflections" If you have questions PM me here on BBQ-Brethren or call me at 530-990-3539.

You can bring a smoker or ask and we can hook you up with someone that is bringing a smoker. We will have a stainless steel 3 compartment sink, numerous dutch ovens, a flat top grill for breakfasts and other equipment on hand. We will have an antique chuck wagon with a dutch oven pot rack behind it. This should be an awesome fun event. -----Leonard Chuckwagonbbqco

Read my post above--those questions are answered. The confusion on the CBBQA wiki page was caused becuse we originally were going to charge a small amount to cover the cost of the pigs. The pigs have been donated, so we are not charging anything. The only costs involved will be to "River Reflections RV Park" for camping spaces. If someone does not want to camp there is a $5.00 charge to be a "visitor" to someone else who is camped. We are asking only that folks attending provide a "Pot Luck" item for each meal that they attend. It is a pork themed gathering, so it would be nice if pot luck dishes contain pork.

If something is still not clear-let me know Leonard

Back