Roll Call. Inside 30 days. All American BBQ Bash-Ames, IA

I just got back home from Albert Lea, the truck is loaded for Ames ... other than the coolers. Gonna be fun.

Joe, I hosed the BWS right there by the horse barn. Mopped the trailer floor before loading and the only thing to come out of the trailer were dishes and coolers.

Well, I was on the fence on this one, but now that I know Doug is going to be there I'm sure not to get any DALs - so I'll see you guys on Friday :). I think my wife might come along too. She thinks I'm really good at BBQ - I haven't had the heart to tell her I suck. So please keep that to yourselves...

Well, I was on the fence on this one, but now that I know Doug is going to be there I'm sure not to get any DALs - so I'll see you guys on Friday :). I think my wife might come along too. She thinks I'm really good at BBQ - I haven't had the heart to tell her I suck. So please keep that to yourselves...

Isn't that amazing what a handfull (I mean 2 handsfull) of trophys will do for a mans attitude about BBQ cooking!
congrats!
Ed

All right Monty ... GAME ON!
Is the bet for over all or a category?
I think the loser should have to eat some of his own BBQ!

P.S. I'd rather have my wife like my food, than contest judges.

All right Monty ... GAME ON!
Is the bet for over all or a category?
I think the loser should have to eat some of his own BBQ!

I cook chicken and brisket - so let's limit things to those categories. You won't be much more than a light snack for me in chicken, so for your sake I'd suggest brisket :heh: :boxing: :cool:

Bottle of whiskey for the winner?

As much as I dont like betting against someone who has God on there side. It is a double blind turn in right?

Bottle of "10 High"?

Lets make it worth while Monty, I'm a Crown man. And if I remember Templeton for you?

Ryan, can we stay saturday night? Or do we have to get off the street.

Sounds like they had some dropouts and are in need of some table crew, so guess I'll be there after all.
Ed

Well, I found out today I will be starting my chemo and possibly radiation tomorrow or Wednesday. Since I have to be admitted to hospital I don't know the length so I have reluctantly decided to pull out this weekend. Good luck to all.

Well, I found out today I will be starting my chemo and possibly radiation tomorrow or Wednesday. Since I have to be admitted to hospital I don't know the length so I have reluctantly decided to pull out this weekend. Good luck to all.

Rod,
Take care of yourself and we'll all be thinking of you and your family. Hang in there buddy.

God be with you, Rod. We'll take good care of the GC trophy for you guys :thumb:

Back