THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
I saw this made by Al Czervik (Mongo) and have wanted to make them ever since.

Here’s a link to his cook thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178795
Note: For some reason the pictures are no longer visible so you’ll have to go by memory. (For those of you who remember this cook)

My filling is a little different than his but has everything his had plus some more.

Here are most of the ingredients for the peppers, filling and the rice:

Started out making up some Mexican Rice by first soaking the rice for 15 minutes.

I then cut up some onion, bell pepper and got out some 4 veggie blend to add to the rice.

Sautéed the onions and pepper until they started to sweat.

Then added the 4 veggie blend and cooked it for 5 minutes.

Now I added the drained rice and cooked this until some of the rice started to brown.

I then added this to my rice cooker that had 1 tbsp. of OO, 1 tbsp. of Tapatio hot sauce, 1/2 cup of Clamato Picante juice, 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and 1 tsp. of salt waiting for it.

Here are the results

While the rice was cooking I started making up my filling. I cut up some onion slivers and started to sauté them.

Throw in some diced potatoes.
19720566465_8939079113_z.jpg

While they are cooking I start to roast my poblanos. (To give them a head start)

More ingredients for the filling.

Added another 1/2 cup of onion slivers.

Beans, corn

the Cochinita

and finally a can of Diced Hatch Chilis.

The Poblanos are just starting to blister so it’s time to take them off and bring them and the filling inside.

Now I cut off the top of the Poblanos

and seed them.

I put some of the rice in a bowl

and mixed it up with some of the cooked filling

And then stirred in 6 oz. of cream cheese. (In 2 oz. batches)

Add some rice to the bottom of the Poblanos.

And now the filling on top of the rice.

Now I place them into an oiled pan

and put them on my kamado. (At 350 degrees) Direct side for a few minutes and then over to the in-direct side.

Here is what they look like after 30 minute. I sprinkled some Kirkland Mexican 4 blend cheese on top and cooked for another 5 minutes.

Here it is plated with some tortillas, rice, beans, pickled onion and a Sierra Nevada Golden IPA.

Here’s a shot after the first bite.

And here is the Money Shot below.

Muy Delicioso! :becky: It tasted like a cross between an ABT, an Enchilada and a Chile Relleno. I will definitely be making these again.

Thanks for looking.

Back