About to cook 4 year old chicken thighs

I find stuff 3-4 years old in the freezers. I’ve been VAC sealing forever. If it looks ok (no any freezer burn) it tastes fine.

Freeze aging is the new hotness!

I've gone 2yrs on a few things accidentally :-D. I'm sure you won't die.......immediately.......

I've cooked 4 year old Yellow Perch I've found in the freezer and they were fine. I've also found 6 year old Perch that were a little "tinted". I threw them out.:grin:

Proof
37991deaa83b0e33dfbd866d52790b13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wait!
Clarification...

Are they thighs from a 4 year old chicken or thighs that have been in the deep freeze for 4 years.

:confused:

I guess i get to keep my herd of cookers. Not cool throwing that lose your cookers stipulation in after i committed to the cook! :heh:
Couldn't really tell much difference in the taste. Maybe a little less flavor but still juicy.
c89b9fbe65a85e0677c4fecafcb6bc73.jpg

I guess i get to keep my herd of cookers. Not cool throwing that lose your cookers stipulation in after i committed to the cook! :heh:
Couldn't really tell much difference in the taste. Maybe a little less flavor but still juicy.
c89b9fbe65a85e0677c4fecafcb6bc73.jpg

I don’t think it was your cookers people thought you might lose, more like your life. And if you are dead, someone is going to have to look after your toys, so it might as well be us. At least that was the thought.

I personally didn’t buy into that nonsense. Studies show you are way more likely to die from bringing home a bunch of new cookers than you are from eating chicken that was frozen too long.

I say this with nothing but good intentions, but...

Why? Just toss ‘em and get something that’s guaranteed to provide a good product. Not worth ruining a cook/meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t think it was your cookers people thought you might lose, more like your life. And if you are dead, someone is going to have to look after your toys, so it might as well be us. At least that was the thought.

I personally didn’t buy into that nonsense. Studies show you are way more likely to die from bringing home a bunch of new cookers than you are from eating chicken that was frozen too long.
Oh... yeah, you guys would treat them right. I could live with that...err... rest in peace with that.

I say this with nothing but good intentions, but...

Why? Just toss ‘em and get something that’s guaranteed to provide a good product. Not worth ruining a cook/meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mostly laziness and something for us to talk about. Doesn't take bad meat for me to ruin a cook. :heh:

IMO, chicken has gone downhill in terms of quality. I would wager these 4 year deep freeze chicken thighs will taste better then fresh chicken thighs you buy today.

Back