THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
A kettle that is. :-D Any color will do of course but something about the redheads. :rolleyes:

Buying, selling and owning different type of cookers I realized a Weber kettle is single-handedly the best do it all tool to have. I had a performer which I used a lot and with my arsenal growing I had no room for the cart so I sold it a couple years ago. After scoring a redhead recently I didn't realize how much I missed a simple kettle. All my recent cooks have been on the kettle and yesterday was no exception. Anyway, enough blabbing so lets get down to business.

I've been on a ribeye binge as of late especially that now amazing choice ribeyes are on sale for $4.99/lb. :clap2:

WTDrZVEh.jpg

Started with the taco fixin's

ohp07FCh.jpg

Fresh and from scratch is the key

oQY5uM4h.jpg

IrPcpvZh.jpg

G4b2gaGh.jpg

4CRq9qbh.jpg

Next I marinated the chicken

N5XYNHsh.jpg

While the chicken was marinating I started on the corn tortillas

KtTp4rjh.jpg

yZ7SAiYh.jpg

H2IjaI9h.jpg

5KWpT6nh.jpg

TOg8xfEh.jpg

kvV7mV7h.jpg

Then it was time to season up the steaks and start the fire

rCQS6coh.jpg

t5i3N0th.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

jLJncSHh.jpg

uiaxcGrh.jpg

So good just by itself

zUkfNxph.jpg

dZukhiZh.jpg

Ready to make some tacos

fXmxJVah.jpg

Two steak and one chicken for me please :-D

t2cwN6Bh.jpg

With side of beans and a real brew :nod:

VXpdpJEh.jpg

Close up of the taco goodness

TwItknth.jpg

The chicken taco

Vtz4TZHh.jpg

Of course some of the camp doesn't like corn tortillas so they opted for burrito

r2fUUUGh.jpg

R8BCejgh.jpg

Look Ma no hands. :becky:

JjUDtUdh.jpg

Qt7iN4Oh.jpg

It was a perfect day for grilling and few drinks with some good food. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Thanks for looking!

Great find on those ribeyes!

Grub looks excellent, as per usual, brother Sako!

I'll be thinking about those tacos all day...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great looking cook Sako everything looks delicious. :thumb:

Got rid of my first Performer due to space, now I have the one with the folding table. Fun to cook on as is but adding the Vortex and SnS take it to the next level.

Our Kroger branded grocer here usually has some good steals on meat as well.

Sako, can you share the details on the salsa rojo. I love making street tacos but I usually go to the local Mexican grocer for the salsa because I suck at making it.

Great looking cook Sako everything looks delicious. :thumb:

Got rid of my first Performer due to space, now I have the one with the folding table. Fun to cook on as is but adding the Vortex and SnS take it to the next level.

Thanks Kevin! I hear you on space because you'll run out of it quick when you keep adding cookers. Speaking of space I need to sell one or two cookers to eventually make space for the MAK 1. :becky:

Absolutely agree on SnS taking a kettle up at least a few notches.

Our Kroger branded grocer here usually has some good steals on meat as well.

Sako, can you share the details on the salsa rojo. I love making street tacos but I usually go to the local Mexican grocer for the salsa because I suck at making it.

It's super simple to do Si. You can make it as thick, thin and hot as you like. I add some other dried chilis to it also for more flavor. I tweak it a lot but here's my very simple recipe to a basic salsa roja that is quite delicious.

Cut down on the chile arbols for less heat. With the below it's quite spicy. Or add more tomatillos.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3198104&postcount=26

The food looks great, but where is the redhead?? Love how they change colors as they heat up.

It's super simple to do Si. You can make it as thick, thin and hot as you like. I add some other dried chilis to it also for more flavor. I tweak it a lot but here's my very simple recipe to a basic salsa roja that is quite delicious.

Cut down on the chile arbols for less heat. With the below it's quite spicy. Or add more tomatillos.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3198104&postcount=26

Awesome man thank you. I’ll be ready to kick my street tacos up a notch with that. I lived outside of Sacramento for 10 years and one of the things I miss the most is the street taco trucks that used to sit off the side of the road.

The food looks great, but where is the redhead?? Love how they change colors as they heat up.

Thanks!

Yep, it turns a very dark red when hot and then back to the bright red when cooled down all the way.

Awesome man thank you. I’ll be ready to kick my street tacos up a notch with that. I lived outside of Sacramento for 10 years and one of the things I miss the most is the street taco trucks that used to sit off the side of the road.

Everyone that has lived out here feels the same. Good thing is you can nail it at home. :thumb:

Btw when I add other dry chilis like guajillos, New Mexico, California etc I soak them first in boiling water then put it through the blender. The chile arbols that are main ingredients are the only ones that need to be lightly toasted to bring out the oils.

Everything looks amazing, but the homemade tortillas are very intriguing. I need to make these at some point

Thanks Bowhunta!

They're super simple to do as well. Just add water to the masa and mix. Let it sit for 20 mins for the dough to relax and form the balls, press it with a tortilla presser. Hot griddle to cook it on. It took me less than an hour from start to finish. HUGE difference and minus the BS ingredients and preservatives found in a store bought tortilla.

Awesome cook Sako!

I really like your tortilla press, most are too small. Did you buy it local?

Awesome cook Sako!

I really like your tortilla press, most are too small. Did you buy it local?

Thanks Norm!

I spotted it locally in a store and grabbed it. There are some real nice big sized ones available on Amazon also.

Last edited:
Nice snack Sako! Agree on a kettle ever since the performer showed up it gets most of the work here.

Back