THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When you hold your next "You can basket weave bacon" class, I want in. That is absolutely perfect looking.

Thank you Uker! The weave is easy, I start them in the middle and keep em tight.
:grin:
Amazing looking cook/breakfast Jeanie and more Cowgirl pics beats less Cowgirl pics everyday. :wink:
Very kind of you Kevin...thank you!! :-D

Hopefully you could come to the Texas BBQ Brethren Bash and school us on making Fatties? :mrgreen:

Thanks so much Hotch! If I have my dates right, I will be up north that time of the year. :thumb:

I need some information on that grate you have in your oven! And what size oven is that Lodge?

Looks outstanding ma'am!

Thank you! The oven is around a 12. The grate is from a grill top smoke box that I got from CharBroil a few years ago. It was all I had on hand at the time but worked very well.
The smoke box...
b8e94b82-3105-4da2-94f8-5a768e341f08_zpsfb355f17.jpg

Canadian bacon..
671a5e40-9cd7-4dc6-a658-3a2cb918faad_zps8de2ad65.jpg

I've used other racks and placed foil balls underneath to keep it out of the drippings. Works well too!

MyLA0bx.jpg

6 eggs and a prize winning fatty! All for just one Cowgirl?? :shocked: Something tells me, you're holding out on us "old-timers" and have another mouth or two to feed!:cool::blah::mrgreen:

Another great thread and pron-spread! Thanks again for sharing!

lol Thanks Gary!! The same ole friends have been camping with me for the last 5+ years. There were 3 of us, we ate a lot. lol

tatoe—-gets me every time.

What a peaceful feast.

Thanks Adams! It was kind of peaceful out there... but I see more traffic while camping than I do in a month at my house. lol

that looks good!! My stomach is grumbling right now. How did you wrap the bacon?

Thanks so much! I make the weave on a sheet of plastic wrap, then roll it around the formed fatty. Hope you give it a try sometime!

There's better food to be had at your campsite than there is at any restaurant! And that bacon weave - that's tight and precise work right there! I've been too lazy to stuff a fatty, but the more I see yours the more I realize I should give it a shot. Great cookin' and picture takin' right there, Jeanie!
Very kind of you Greg! Thanks! I need to make more unstuffed fatties. I could use them in a lot of meals. Would be nice to have em in the freezer! :becky:

Fantastic! You reminded me that I need to use my dutch oven more often! Maybe for the Cast Iron Throwdown that starts tomorrow!
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing some new cast iron ideas! :thumb:

Nice, nice, nice! Beautiful looking food! :clap2:

Thanks so much Jermo! :-D

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Once again great looking food!

Thank you MountainMan! Food seems to taste better over a campfire. :-D

Thanks so much George and fwdii!! :thumb:

Killer as usual Neighbor! That's bacon lattice finesse right there. :clap2:
Thanks Neighbor! Can't go wrong with bacon. lol It's one of my favorite food groups. :becky:

This is a study in perfection!
Hey Joe, good to see ya! Thanks!

Very kind of you Jrogers!! Thank you! :cool:

looks delicious Jeanie. what lake is that, I didn't think they had lakes that big up in the pan handle?

Thanks Nate! No real lakes in my area. I had to drive east to get to this one. lol

Absolutely deluxe!!! I gotta try this, but at home first, not camping, baby steps for me!
Thank you HogGrog! Hope you give it a try sometime! :-D

Glad you got to get out camping

as usual it looks like a great time with amazing food

Thanks Neighbor! Can't believe this was my first trip camping for the year. My priorities have changed. :thumb:

And this girl doesn't have her own cooking show because.....?:confused::-D
lol Thanks Dave! That would cut into my fun time. :-D

That's beautiful!:thumb: And even if it's 3:45 pm I want some breakfast..
Thank you Pitlbull! I think breakfast is tasty any time of the day. :mrgreen:

I have neither eaten nor cooked a fatty in my life, but damn, that would be the time to start!
Lloyd, I hope you give fatties a try. There are so many options for fillings! Thank you for the kind comment! :grin:

Another awesome cook.
glamping or camping ? :becky:
Thanks Titch! Not too fancy. Tent, sleeping bag, .357, food and beverages. :thumb::becky:

Back