THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I love regular seafood or mixed paella but wanted to make something different. I ran across some nice looking crawdads and decided to make this.

Gathered some andouille, tasso, chaurice and boudin..

KLOr0Tr.jpg

celery, onions, scallions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, saffron, lemons, parsley..

k7IG8VS.jpg

crawdad tails, the veggies, sausages, peppers, etc., cubed chicken...

cZtIpZs.jpg

made a shrimp stock...

rzeqszp.jpg

started with duck fat...

j5vlBCE.jpg

the celery, peppers, onions, scallions, garlic went first...

ytP3qF5.jpg

next the tasso, andouille, chaurice...

6DQtdTe.jpg

Kj2vkZF.jpg

the chicken...

Ff5oe0V.jpg

fried some okra....

5wYKDHF.jpg

next came the rice...

RF7pNuB.jpg

Kd8UOT6.jpg

added tomatoes, shrimp stock, saffron and cajun seasonings, and let it simmer...

qZpFLjH.jpg

1OVZBKl.jpg

yRJIz72.jpg

next came crawdad tails...

OubKQ4A.jpg

crab meat and boudin...

iEXxDfO.jpg

kwUKBiK.jpg

Lastly, the shrimp and a few crawdads...

E5nG3Rg.jpg

Covered the grill and let er go til done.
Added lemon slices, parsley and scallions and called er good.

ghyH4gQ.jpg

Pa9IHwf.jpg

fSmPvrX.jpg

94OMLH4.jpg

Supper!

4mx7jy8.jpg

9pvsavo.jpg

I really liked this one. The tasso, andouille, chaurice and boudin flavored the rice really well. I'll be making this again in the future.
I sent most of it home with company but had leftovers the next couple of days.
Sorry for so many pics (again)..
Thanks for looking!

Man Jeanie...you always hit it out of the park. Jealous you have access to all that great sausage, love the Cajun spin on the paella. Colors and photography look great.

I’m always impressed...this one I may copy!

Man Jeanie...you always hit it out of the park. Jealous you have access to all that great sausage, love the Cajun spin on the paella. Colors and photography look great.

I’m always impressed...this one I may copy!

Thank you Sportster! I really liked the way this one came out. The sausages and boudin added so much flavor. I'll be making it again. It takes time to prep but it's worth it.
Thanks again! :grin:

Hot damn Neighbor! New meaning to the word Pron.

I see you like to protect your paella pan handles also. :heh:

Jeanie,

Oh, wow. That looks wonderful. How was the rice on the bottom of the dish, eh?

Looks absolutely amazing. Shrimp and crawdads like that get pretty small when they swim this far upstream.

You sure put a show together in the pan! Yes, please!

For once I decided not to look at your delicious food prep but instead to focus on your photography skills and product placement and plating skills. I think you do all of this just as well as you cook.
Your a full blown star.
Good.
Ed

That looks amazing. I've found that smoking the chicken first is a crowd pleaser when I make paella. (I'm making it next weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday.)
It just adds another layer of flavor to the dish.

Back