THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ha! Ya that plastic cutting board I've had for a long time and is the largest one I have. I'm always thinking I should get a larger one, but I just like how funny it looks when trimming brisket or larger meats :biggrin1:

I got a two pack of giant cutting boards from Sam's. I thought I'd love them, but they kind of suck because they are too big for the dish washer. I hardly ever use them.

I got a two pack of giant cutting boards from Sam's. I thought I'd love them, but they kind of suck because they are too big for the dish washer. I hardly ever use them.

Ya that is actually what has kept me from getting a larger one. They got as big as you want at Restaurant Depot, but storing them in a cabinet in the kitchen wouldn't happen. I don't do heavy trimming on the big meats anyways and normally just trim on some foil since I'm just skimming fat off and not cutting down into a table.

After 3.5hrs I'm wrapping. Shrunk just enough to barely fit in a pan.......hilariously :laugh:.

Put some foil balls in the bottom keeps it off the floor. I know they make racks, but have fun scrubbing those :-D. Also made a little extra beef stock with curry and ginger in it.

Here's how they looked. Brisket in the 140's. I'll wrap the butts in another 30mins or so

With it wrapped I got the temp up

Quick funny off topic story. So I needed to put a competition application in the mail (only our 2nd this year :doh:) at our new place, but our mailbox is an old dumpster fire and doesn't have a flag so Erin was like "but there is no flag". So I said well I'll fix this (being a handy type guy :crazy:)

After a 30 minute engineering internal meeting with myself I put this together........took another 30mins to install. Hopefully it will work.

But what is even better is that I have the replacement box..........just being lazy :becky:

Your butts look good, I like the color. Did you injection the butts, thinking about to start injecting my butts.

Looks great, Jason (as per usual)!

Very interested in the curried brisket. I'm a huge fan of Indian curry, and I can only imagine how a combo of that curry injection and the rub play on the hot beefiness :)shock:).

Back