THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, this is really exciting. I'm guessing from the first entry that this is the "Cook it like Gore" TD that Moose alluded to a couple months ago. I didn't read that in the special rules, but I'm curious if everyone will follow suit. That look absolutely delicious! :clap2:

Who the fark let you out to play unsupervised? :crazy:

I guess you missed the "Cook it like Gore" TD from a couple of years ago:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129394

You mean get DQ'd? :caked:

But there are 4 flavors of Dilly bars :heh:

That's right, Dave. There are four flavors and I smell a conspiracy. I suspect they each have figured out how to get their entry DQ'ed in order to win this Throwdown. Good work, Jed, in raising the bar on this one. :thumb:

Of course, since this is now the Cook it like Gore TD, does that mean if your entry is not DQ'ed, then it is DQ'ed automatically? In this case everyone gets DQ'ed and you each get a dillybar, and we all vote for our favorite flavor. :thumb: Since Jed went first, does he get to choose his flavor or is that picked by the mods or selected randomly? :noidea:

That's right, Dave. There are four flavors and I smell a conspiracy. I suspect they each have figured out how to get their entry DQ'ed in order to win this Throwdown. Good work, Jed, in raising the bar on this one. :thumb:

Of course, since this is now the Cook it like Gore TD, does that mean if your entry is not DQ'ed, then it is DQ'ed automatically? In this case everyone gets DQ'ed and you each get a dillybar, and we all vote for our favorite flavor. :thumb: Since Jed went first, does he get to choose his flavor or is that picked by the mods or selected randomly? :noidea:
I have yet to see the basket of flavors available to choose from!

Requesting yet another clarification: I have a recipe requiring fresh parsley. I have no idea if fresh cilantro is available around here. Would it be dilly bar time if I used fresh parsley without putting out an APB for fresh cilantro first?

The description reads:

Fresh Cilantro(Fresh parsley may be substituted if fresh cilantro is not available)

Thanks Mods.

Requesting yet another clarification: I have a recipe requiring fresh parsley. I have no idea if fresh cilantro is available around here. Would it be dilly bar time if I used fresh parsley without putting out an APB for fresh cilantro first?

The description reads:

Fresh Cilantro(Fresh parsley may be substituted if fresh cilantro is not available)

Thanks Mods.

If it were me, I'd use spinach. That would have the desired results. :thumb:

The description reads:

Thanks Mods.

Mike,

To answer your question, yes. As the basket reads "Fresh Cilantro", you must use that unless it can't be found, and that's not likely in most parts of the U.S.

I like Jed's avatar. Silence O' the Lamb. I'm currently working on Silence O' the Pig but having difficulty finding an avatar to do it justice.

In the meantime I request another verification.

Ground Coffee Beans. I noticed there is no doubt Jed's coffee beans were ground. Do we have to show actually grinding O' the bean itself? I'm like Moose. Never drank it, don't know much about it except all coffee was once a bean. Are Folgers instant coffee crystals considered ground upon purchase? What about the already ground coffee in a can of coffee to be brewed? I think we may need to call Gore in on this one. I'm so confused.

The question is a serious one though. Thanks!

Back