THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where on the Island will this be? WE do one in Texas every year called Q-Fest (Texas BBQ Rub Forum) and it is the best time of the year! I may try and make the 9 hour drive over from Clevetown!

15 minutes from Long Island-Islip/MacArthur Airport.

1 hour east of Manhattan, Sorry.. New Yawk City.

Yeah, these things are a ball. Here are some photos of Q-fest II. Anybody wanting to attend that next year, it is the first weekend in November. We tour a couple of great 100 year old Q-joints in Lockhart Texas. Smitty's and Kreuz's .Check out the pit photos at Smitty's. The fires are right on the ground next to the pit! We have the event at the "Ranch" of Texas BBQ Rub Owner Bill Cannon. Zilla was there. I'm sure it is alot like ya'll bashes! I'll try and make it! I'm the one smoking the cigars in the photo's Woody

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingReg.jsp?Uc=7kwg0thr.7ek9leq7&Uy=ce2l5&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=127613613567_746567503303

BBQchef33 said:
1 hour east of Manhattan, Sorry.. New Yawk City.

1 hour east of Manhattan - it's been that long since you visited huh? 1 hour to Manhattan - if you fly!

BBQchef33 said:
june 23-25... most likely. havent heard from Arliee so as of now, it the same weekend as always.
Well, this sucks, but it looks like I have a conflict with this weekend. If I can't make it this year, I'll sure as hell try for next. Maybe I can attend one of the smaller bashes this year.
Sorry guys.:frown:

I'd like to get the dates hammered down ASAP so I can book the flight. My credits on SWA expire sometime in June, so if we can't figure it out soon I'll make a mini bash in some brother's yard in TX or IL before then.

Back