THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grill 'em all

Full Fledged Farker
Since the Sprint Cup boys were in Texas Sunday,I figured we'd do a Lone Star State style of BBQ..Snagged a 17 lb packer
001.jpg

003.jpg

Unwrapped & trimmed
007.jpg

The usual rubs & injection(beef broth,Dales & teriyaki)
005.jpg

Here she is all rubbed down & shot up
009.jpg

Fatty with BPS Money & Happy Ending rub
027.jpg

Another with SM Sweet Seduction & Cherry
029.jpg

The Fattys with a few friends
030-1.jpg

Fired Waylon up at 6 a.m.
011.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

Hickory,Pecan & Oak was the selection of the day
012-1.jpg

30 mins later
020.jpg

The pork section of Waylons fans
033.jpg

038.jpg

OK this is where a different type of cloud rolled in..The heavy rain pushed Waylon & I inside the barn..As the rain delayed race in Texas continued,a few friends begin to gather at the barn..Now the once innocent cook party turns into a beer swigging free for all..The wife takes the camera to a skating party with the kids,so I'm left with my own vices & a few pals to egg me on! As day turned to night & my height of 5'11 slowly morphs into 10' I lose focus on the primary task of tending brisket..Although the end product good enough for 8 slightly altered country boys(none left)I didnt see it through..No foil,No resting period,No seperating the point from flat,No pics..A LOT of burned fingers lol..I wish I'd got the pic at the 10 hr mark..The bark was incredible..

As for Waylon I couldnt be happier..1/2 chimney of lit,5-6 splits & 45 mins is all I need to get this rather large cooker up to 250 & rollin sweet blue..Throw a split or 2 every 20-30 min & Waylon will cook around the clock..The windy & damp conditions didnt phase this rig one bit..The guys at Shirley Fab are alright by me..Having the capacity to cook for a large group is something I cant put a price on..Being able to do it while enjoying a cold beverage or 20 is priceless!!

Sorry I didnt get finished brisky pics(but it did happen)

I'll do better next time.....Maybe

Thanks for lookin'
Jay

Back