Green Chile Venison Burger w/pron

Texas Hogger

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
I was up in the mountains of southern New Mexico this weekend with a couple really good friends and Brethren: Allen (Gringoloco), and Carl (Pig Farmer).
We had a blast at Allen's place outside of Silver City. On Saturday there were wings, oryx, and elk on the fire pit while we did a little drinking and carrying on.

On Sunday Allen thawed out a pound of ground venison and we mixed in some Weber Green Chile rub and chopped green chiles.
We made 4 patties and fired up the Blackstone. A pat of butter went on top of each patty since venison is so lean.
While those were cooking we chopped some onions and sauteed them with butter and some spices.
A little cheese and a couple toasted buns later it was time to eat.

Believe me they tasted much better than they looked. Absolutely no hint of gaminess and surprisingly very moist.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sorry I didn't get any pics of Saturday. (did I mention the drinking and carrying on?)

BTW there is a "Ground Meats" Throwdown in Progress. Check it out at this link: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297444

Now for the pron:

Attachments

• burger 1.jpg
    burger 1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 182
  • burger 2.jpg
    burger 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 180
  • burger 3.jpg
    burger 3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 179
  • burger 4.jpg
    burger 4.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 180
  • burger 5.jpg
    burger 5.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 177
  • burger 6.jpg
    burger 6.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 178
  • burger 7.jpg
    burger 7.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 177
The pictures look pretty darn good too!I could see washing one or more of them down while drinking and carrying on. Sounds like a great time!

Back