Chuck Eye Steaks. Yum!

toadhunter911

is one Smokin' Farker
Did a couple of chuck eye steaks for the wife and I a couple days ago. Baked potatoes, an ear of grilled corn on the cob for her, some grilled asparagus for me, and we shared the grilled onions and mushrooms. :thumb:

0441a.jpg

I've never seen chuck eye steak here in Beardstown. What's it like? Cook med. rare , or rare, or how do you handle it?:redface: Dad yrs. ago would buy a chuck roast, have it put through a slicer on it's edge. He'd get 2-3 steaks out of it.Sear it both sides and eat. It was good

Last edited:
I like to hit them with a dash of worchestershire sauce, s & p, garlic powder and let em sit in the fridge for a bit then sear them suckers hot and fast to medium rare Maxwell.

I've never seen chuck eye steak here in Beardstown. What's it like? Cook med. rare , or rare, or how do you handle it?

It's basically a tougher version of a rib eye. The chuck eye roast will get you 4-5 normal sized steaks. I like to do a marinade to help with the toughness then reverse sear it to Med rare.

Maxwell - you'll probably only see it as a chuck roast in most markets - it's very popular for pot roast. I just ask the butcher to cut steaks for me when I want them. They are a nice low cost alternative; I can get them for 1/3 the price per pound of steaks from the loin.

Did a couple of chuck eye steaks for the wife and I a couple days ago. Baked potatoes, an ear of grilled corn on the cob for her, some grilled asparagus for me, and we shared the grilled onions and mushrooms. :thumb:

0441a.jpg
Were they really tougher? They look great!

I guess I did not hear the dinner bell.
'Cuz I sure would have been there to sample that plate of vittles....

I've never seen chuck eye steak here in Beardstown. What's it like? Cook med. rare , or rare, or how do you handle it?:redface: Dad yrs. ago would buy a chuck roast, have it put through a slicer on it's edge. He'd get 2-3 steaks out of it.Sear it both sides and eat. It was good

Sounds like others have answered your questions. I cook to med rare. Grill over direct heat, 2-3 minutes, 1/4 turn, 2-3 minutes, flip, 2-3 minutes, 1/4 turn, 2-3 minutes, pull and rest for 15 minutes, if you can wait that long. :heh:

Back