THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

toadhunter911

is one Smokin' Farker
Did a couple of chuck eye steaks for the wife and I a couple days ago. Baked potatoes, an ear of grilled corn on the cob for her, some grilled asparagus for me, and we shared the grilled onions and mushrooms. :thumb:

0441a.jpg

I've never seen chuck eye steak here in Beardstown. What's it like? Cook med. rare , or rare, or how do you handle it?:redface: Dad yrs. ago would buy a chuck roast, have it put through a slicer on it's edge. He'd get 2-3 steaks out of it.Sear it both sides and eat. It was good

Last edited:
I've never seen chuck eye steak here in Beardstown. What's it like? Cook med. rare , or rare, or how do you handle it?

It's basically a tougher version of a rib eye. The chuck eye roast will get you 4-5 normal sized steaks. I like to do a marinade to help with the toughness then reverse sear it to Med rare.

Maxwell - you'll probably only see it as a chuck roast in most markets - it's very popular for pot roast. I just ask the butcher to cut steaks for me when I want them. They are a nice low cost alternative; I can get them for 1/3 the price per pound of steaks from the loin.

I've never seen chuck eye steak here in Beardstown. What's it like? Cook med. rare , or rare, or how do you handle it?:redface: Dad yrs. ago would buy a chuck roast, have it put through a slicer on it's edge. He'd get 2-3 steaks out of it.Sear it both sides and eat. It was good

Sounds like others have answered your questions. I cook to med rare. Grill over direct heat, 2-3 minutes, 1/4 turn, 2-3 minutes, flip, 2-3 minutes, 1/4 turn, 2-3 minutes, pull and rest for 15 minutes, if you can wait that long. :heh:

Back