THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Wifey wanted beef tonight on the Weber and picked this up at Wally World.
About 2# of boneless beef country style ribs is what the label says. Would you think indirect like doing a tri-tip would work okay? Thanks for the help!!!

Attachments

• Beef Ribs Boneless.JPG
    Beef Ribs Boneless.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 146
I cut my tri-tips that way some times and just grill direct!

EDIT: Salt, pepper only. Then baste with a mixture of A1 Sauce and melted butter (50/50). (Watch the flare ups)

I have also done this directly on the grill. They are rather quickly. I seasoned them with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a little garlic powder. Good luck.

I cook these bad boys all the time. My favorite way is to rub them done, wrap in bacon, and then smoke for about 4 hrs. at 225.

The other way we like them is to marinate them for about 1 hr. in Dales and then smoke.

what they said...those are great cheap steaks... they use to be anyway, they started out at my costco 2.99, now as a lot was sold... its 4.99 a lb...
still a good deal, but supply and demand...

Turned out not so good. Would be better to have slow cooked I think. The cuts looked good on the outside of the package but were not tender cuts when grilled. Taste was good with a light coating of salt and pepper and a touch of garlic. Prolly just me.

That's what I was expecting... same as country style pork ribs (just a shoulder cut into pieces) this is just a chuck roast cut into strips. Butchers often charge a premium when they use the "ribs" tag. $4.38/lb for chuck roast cut into strips...Next time buy a $3/lb chuck roast and cut your own!

You still have to cook it like chuck. Low & Slow, or braised. Maybe crock pot roast (but in strips?) Maybe pounded thin and chicken fried steak fingers? Would have made good stew if you cubed the pieces.

I did these boneless chuck beef ribs a few weeks ago low and slow. Turned out just great... tender and moist. Family and friends loved them. I bought them at Costco. I'll be doing some more on my next smoke.

25gxve1.jpg

hey Meat, now that I think about it, mine was called boneless chuck beef short ribs...
I just put "carne asada" seasoning, cooked to medium rare, on the grill, came out very good...
I wonder if its a different cut? looks the same...

Roy, it must have been cut different. They looked really good with nice marble but just were not tender at all. Like jiarby said, should just by a chucky and cut it at home. There was a lot of hard fat on some of the strips you couldn't see in the package. Kinda like the hard fat on a brisket. Yuk!

Back