Boneless beef short ribs

Steve68

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Steve
Hi Folks,

So, I just realized that the beef short ribs I picked up at Costco today are boneless. Would very much appreciate any recommendations for the best way to cook them from anyone who's had success with this in the past.

Thanks!

Never saw a boneless short rib. but if they truly were DE-boned, I would cook them just like regular bone in shorts ribs.

Our local Costco has them. They are not deboned S/R's. They are more like chunks of meat the size of short ribs. I bought some when I was experimenting with different hamburger grinds...so I have never cooked any. They are not as fatty as S/R's.

Served my purpose.

I purchase boneless short ribs from Hassell Cattle Company specifically for grinding and putting burgers.

I would sous vide them at 135F as steaks for 24 hours. They are most likely over priced chuck meat. Treat them as chuck roast prime rib.

For boneless short ribs I would either go full out Asian and serve with Udon noodles.
or go Kentucky southern country and serve them with a roasted carrots and parsnips.

Season to your liking but I like to season beef short ribs as I would a brisket or steak
Smoke at 275*
When your bark is set and you have the desired color you want
Wrap in foil with a flavorful liquid of your choice (could be beef broth, beer, one of Stubbs marinades or anything you like)
Put back on smoker / grill until internal reaches 205 ish – I like to do the prob test put the prob in and it should have little to no resistance and have a butter feel.
Let rest

For boneless short ribs I would either go full out Asian and serve with Udon noodles.
or go Kentucky southern country and serve them with a roasted carrots and parsnips.

Season to your liking but I like to season beef short ribs as I would a brisket or steak
Smoke at 275*
When your bark is set and you have the desired color you want
Wrap in foil with a flavorful liquid of your choice (could be beef broth, beer, one of Stubbs marinades or anything you like)
Put back on smoker / grill until internal reaches 205 ish – I like to do the prob test put the prob in and it should have little to no resistance and have a butter feel.
Let rest

Thanks! This is exactly what I'm going to try.

Back