THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

Rick's Tropical Delight

trp1fox posted a thread about bacon weave... so you know i just had to try it! :biggrin:

pigcandyweave-011.jpg

pigcandyweave-012.jpg

pigcandyweave-021.jpg

i made two of them tonight and i'll take em to a christmas party tomorrow night down at the bar along with fatties and shrimp

Rick, did it ALL crisp up doing it that way? Looks marbelous!

kinda sorta... i flipped them at 20 minutes and painted on a light brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and a little maple syrup melt, then let em go for another 20 minutes. all at 320 degrees. probably coulda went longer, but the brown sugar in the drip pan was starting to burn

flipping was interesting... i used another aluminum screen on top and quickly flipped it over

Presheate how you did it...trying to get the center crisp looked like a challenge. That weave thing is pretty cool for a presentation!

Presheate how you did it...trying to get the center crisp looked like a challenge. That weave thing is pretty cool for a presentation!

how the heck do you serve this thing? i reckon just put it out and have people pick at it :biggrin:

i've got a ciabatta loaf, so i was thinking about making a giant blt, cept i ain't got no l or t

I turn my back for a few days and there you go.:biggrin: Rick that looks really good.:cool:

i made two of them tonight and i'll take em to a christmas party tomorrow night down at the bar along with fatties and shrimp

You beat me to it bit at lest I got a fattie to the pub first.:tongue:

Rick you don't mind if I read every thread you create food in do ya? Didn't think so. lol

It all looks tastey as usual congrats.

I'm thinking desert with a glass of "Tawny Port"...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Looks awesome bro...

You beat me to it bit at lest I got a fattie to the pub first.:tongue:

Rick you don't mind if I read every thread you create food in do ya? Didn't think so. lol

It all looks tastey as usual congrats.

be my guest, doc. i was just looking at the list of my threads myself.

and i've been taking fatties to the bar for months! hahaaaaaaaaaaa *cough*

I'm thinking desert with a glass of "Tawny Port"...

I used to date her... :rolleyes:

Rick... You have too much time on your hands! Weaving bacon... What's next? Crocheted spaghetti? :biggrin:

I would put it on a plate with a little hammer and let folks smash off a piece.

I used to date her... :rolleyes:

Rick... You have too much time on your hands! Weaving bacon... What's next? Crocheted spaghetti? :biggrin:

I would put it on a plate with a little hammer and let folks smash off a piece.

HA! a hammer... that's a good one. the only 'hammer' down at the bar is in hammered!

Back