THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
What’s everyone’s favorite/best value these days? multi fuel (gas/wood) one?

Ooni?
Bertello?
Roccbox?

Looking for one for my son

I don't know John, cause I don't own one or have ever researched one.

All I know is I keep seeing Solo Stove pizza oven and "smokeless fire pit" in my face when I turn on the tv.

How the heck can there be a smokeless fire pit? I can see the smoke coming off of it at the end of the commercial! :crazy:

We have an Ooni Koda 12 inch and love it. Makes great pizza in 90 seconds. Ours is propane. Watched too many videos on how hard it was to get the wood ones going and hot. Firing it up tomorrow.
c814afb8f5957f89eb8d77862b15a94f.jpg
aee58f82a1d50218f3a60683053f9223.jpg
0b576ef328d80115343136e8a38186e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I don't know John, cause I don't own one or have ever researched one.

All I know is I keep seeing Solo Stove pizza oven and "smokeless fire pit" in my face when I turn on the tv.

How the heck can there be a smokeless fire pit? I can see the smoke coming off of it at the end of the commercial! :crazy:

The solo stove is every damn good as they say. Sure, it's not 100% smokeless, but it's damn near close. I had 6 people sitting around it last night. Not once did anyone have to move away or to a different side to escape smoke. It's 304 stainless and I have left it outside for over 5 years now. It's as good as it's ever been.

It's the only item I've ever bought that is as good as the commercials.

JWcW1Bg.jpg

Haven't used it in a while but .... I have a Camp Chef pizza oven sitting on a Camp chef Stove .... doesn't cook in 30 seconds but does a pretty good job.

I have an Ooni Karu 12. I is designed to run on wood but I later bought the propane adapter for it, much easier than using wood. I have resorted to buying my dough since making your own is a lot of work not to mention a big mess! We really enjoy the pizzas we make for sure. I have also done steaks and fajitas in it as well using a cast iron griddle.

I have the original Blackstone with the revolving stone. Great oven. Hear they now have a new Blackstone out or coming out. I would definitely check that out if I was in the market.

I had a blackstone and it worked well. If anyone has a yoder ys640, they now make a drop in pizza oven for it…from chef Tom’s vids, it looks like it works great. If I still had the yoder I’d likely give that a whirl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have the Blackstone oven from 2014, rusty, cracked stone, crippled with only one working caster but she's still kicking. Love that thing and she still cranks out awesome pies. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore but I hear they're coming out with a new one so I will definitely get one.

I also have the Roccbox which I love immensely. Cranks out amazing Neapolitan style pies which works for me since I have both it and the Blackstone. I feel that the Blackstone is more versatile and you can crank out American style pies. Also, the Blackstone accommodates pies up to 16".

Below is a detailed thread why I went Roccbox over Ooni

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296468

Roccbox

aUqtxfXh.jpg

0pdF5z4h.jpg

hO4Qrsxh.jpg

e3dYjJhh.jpg

qVBWTTfh.jpg

RRHlXTUh.jpg

Have the Blackstone oven from 2014, rusty, cracked stone, crippled with only one working caster but she's still kicking. Love that thing and she still cranks out awesome pies. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore but I hear they're coming out with a new one so I will definitely get one.

I also have the Roccbox which I love immensely. Cranks out amazing Neapolitan style pies which works for me since I have both it and the Blackstone. I feel that the Blackstone is more versatile and you can crank out American style pies. Also, the Blackstone accommodates pies up to 16".

Below is a detailed thread why I went Roccbox over Ooni

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296468

Roccbox

aUqtxfXh.jpg

0pdF5z4h.jpg

hO4Qrsxh.jpg

e3dYjJhh.jpg

qVBWTTfh.jpg

RRHlXTUh.jpg

Awesome! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back