THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New oven from Pizza Party. Emozione. Prices are expected to start increasing anytime as they sell more ovens during the pre-sale. I have one coming. I have its smaller brother the Ardore and it's awesome. I can go into more detail later if you want. Shipping from Italy is $121

https://www.pizzapartyshop.com/en/p...s-pizza-oven-pizza-party-emozione-copper.html

Two pizzas at once! Awesome.

John, half off for them is a deal. I paid about that for my Ooni wood with gas attachment.
I was looking at Pizza party when I bought mine.

Last edited:
I’ve been using the Halo Versa 16 for a couple months and have been happy with it. I don’t have anything to compare it with as this is my first dedicated pizza oven. It’s a steep learning curve for me but I’m liking it and have only had one complete failure, a few decent pies and one great pie I’m still trying to repeat. Good luck, it’s a deep rabbit hole!

Attachments

• 8F752228-3C84-4E9A-9A0F-E25C01A8BCE1.jpg
    8F752228-3C84-4E9A-9A0F-E25C01A8BCE1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 294
Yeah, it's a smoking deal. I couldn't pass on it.

That Halo mentioned above is a pretty good oven also. It just depends on the style of lizz you want to cook most often. I'm a Neapolitan guy so the PP ovens with biscotto floor work real well for me. And then I slide a corderite stone over top when I want to cook a different style, at lower temps.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'm doing my research as well. The inlaws have a 16" gas Ooni that turns out excellent pizza's. As a bbq nerd i feel like i have to have the option to use wood lol. The Ooni mutli fuel is pricey with the gas burner. If you had to move it or store it the glass door and exhaust look like it wouldn't make it super easy to move around. I like the Roccbox only thing there is i think you are limited to 12" pizzas so that might be the trade off. Still need to look at a few more options before i pull the trigger on anything.

Still have and love the original Blackstone Pizza Oven with the rotating stone. Highly recommended. The rotating stone takes most of the worry out of an uneven cook. Turns out quality Pie when you put the effort in (Dough, sauce, ingredients, seasoning), but if you just put in a Papa Murphy’s, it does that much better than you would get out of a standard kitchen Oven.

They pop up used from time to time and you can still get replacements for any of the parts I’ve ever heard of having problems with (Motor is the most common).

I just picked up the $100 Expert Grill Charcoal one at a Walmart that's popped up on some vids here recently. Can't wait to give it a shot. hope it produces some pizza's as good as I'm seeing on here! This bad boy.

I've almost purchased the Ooni a few times this year, but haven't yet. I currently have a Kettlepizza which gives me fits. I've almost given up on it.

I really want the Gozney dome. It just looks beautiful. But I think it's overkill for a suburban dude cooking for his family a few times a summer. And then there's the cost and the space required.

I have an Ooni pellet oven. It gets hot as all hell. The entrance is 12 inches, and the pies cook in 60 seconds, with a rotation at the 30 second mark. It's fun and it rocks!
Some gave me an Ooni pellet oven they could not keep hot.
I've only tried is a couple of times and I must not be be loading / firing it up right because the heat was low or sporadic.
Any hints / tips would be greatly appreciated.

I really want the Gozney dome. It just looks beautiful. But I think it's overkill for a suburban dude cooking for his family a few times a summer. And then there's the cost and the space required.

I all of a sudden want this as well! Lots of cool features!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The solo stove is every damn good as they say. Sure, it's not 100% smokeless, but it's damn near close. I had 6 people sitting around it last night. Not once did anyone have to move away or to a different side to escape smoke. It's 304 stainless and I have left it outside for over 5 years now. It's as good as it's ever been.

It's the only item I've ever bought that is as good as the commercials.

JWcW1Bg.jpg

Wow
If that's a recent picture after being outside for 5 years I'll have to look into getting one.

Still have and love the original Blackstone Pizza Oven with the rotating stone. Highly recommended. The rotating stone takes most of the worry out of an uneven cook. Turns out quality Pie when you put the effort in (Dough, sauce, ingredients, seasoning), but if you just put in a Papa Murphy’s, it does that much better than you would get out of a standard kitchen Oven.

They pop up used from time to time and you can still get replacements for any of the parts I’ve ever heard of having problems with (Motor is the most common).

I should take pictures of my pizza with the blackstone but I never think of it, had it about 7 years, turns out amazing pizzas although we found a great dough recipe. The neighbors are amazed when we have them over and we have 7 pizza places within 5 miles of us.

Also, using it for 7 years and my motor just went out about a month ago, I had one waiting for 6-1/2 years in a drawer, 3 minutes later we were still cooking pizza, 2 days later another motor arrived from amazon to sit in the drawer.

And I agree you would never know it was a papa murphy's coming out of the oven if you didn't see the wrapper

I picked up the Ooni pizza fyra (pellet version) this spring and it was a blast to use. If you have plenty of time and not in a rush to get stuff done it works great in my opinion. I found that after getting it lit and up to temp just adding a small bit of pellets every couple minutes worked best. If your in more of a hurry or just want things a little more relaxing I’d go with a gas option. My Brother asked if I’d cook pizzas for my nieces Bday party (20ish kids and about 10 adults). I knew it would be a hassle with the fyra because everyone would be wanting to eat around the same time and it’s a bit time consuming with the pellets. I had my eyes on the Gozney Roccbox when I purchased the fyra but thought the fyra seemed like more fun to play with. I enjoyed doing pizzas in 90 seconds so much I figured the Bday party was a damn good reason to get the Roccbox as gas would be more convenient (just make pies and no messing with pellets) and i wanted one anyway hahaha!!! So I ordered the Roccbox and it arrived the day before the party. I only had time to cure it, so my first pizza on it would be the day of the party. I figured if I blew it we would just get a bunch of little Cesar’s!!! I made 20 dough balls in advance and the party went fantastic!!! The Roccbox was super easy to use and held heat like nothin for all 20 pizzas. Cranked them out with only a couple that were a tad under done cause I didn’t have the stone hot enough (all my fault, not the oven). The kids and adults were very impressed by the results. I had my brother making them and I was launching and cooking them. It was a great system we had and glad I went with the roccbox. I’ve had so much fun with it since the party I recently bought the Gozney dome before the price went up. Have not used it yet but it’s sitting in the garage waiting for the next nice day. So with all that being said the poor fyra don’t get used much at all now. I will more than likely sell the fyra and keep the roccbox as it’s portable and I can take on small trips where the dome is not. Hopefully all that kind of helps make the decision a little easier on what might be best for your needs. I’ll say I can’t tell a difference from pellets vs gas as far as wood flavor on the pizza goes. The dome has gas or wood option so maybe I’ll play with actual wood once I get a few cooks on it. I’ll try to post some pics.

IMG_7795.jpg
IMG_7797.jpg
IMG_7802.jpg
IMG_7803.jpg
IMG_7799.jpg
IMG_7807.jpg
IMG_7806.jpg
IMG_7809.jpg
IMG_7810.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Roccbox. Been debating on getting the big one at some point but the small one is excellent. Great build quality and makes amazing food.

Back