is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
For the Kettle Throwdown here -
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297799

Chicken Thighs on the Weber

Just getting started, after 2 days in the fridge, left uncovered with a dry brine. Why 2 days? Got lazy yesterday about making dinner, so an extra day doesn't hurt. :becky:

Simple seasoning today: AP Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika -

2gcQ2CU.jpg

Hot grill, indirect around 400F. After a flip at 20 mins, a spray with EVOO, another flip after another 20, they're crispy and ready to come off at 50 minutes total. Internal temp is around 185, perfect for thighs -

ks0EFto.jpg

Dinner is ready! -

0OUWhDP.jpg

It doesn't get much easier than that. The Weber Kettle does all the work.

Thanks for checking in on tonite's Weber Chicken Thigh dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

That looks spot on! I tried Kettle Fried Drumsticks tonight.They were O.K. But the crust was not crispy.I did not do the dry brine and that may have been what I missed.I spritzed with canned spray duck fat but they did not get “crispy”Your meal looks divine.

That looks spot on! I tried Kettle Fried Drumsticks tonight.They were O.K. But the crust was not crispy.I did not do the dry brine and that may have been what I missed.I spritzed with canned spray duck fat but they did not get “crispy”Your meal looks divine.

Thanks. I think the dry brine and sitting uncovered for a good number of hours really helps dry out the skin.

Funny, I tried spritzing with Duck Fat, but my can wasn't cooperating. I could feel there was some sort of solid in the can when shaking back and forth, but no spray. Irritating, as this is a fairly new can. I checked on the Duck Fat website which addresses "I hear a thud when I shake the can", their reason being there's a bag of duck fat surrounded by compressed air. Interesting. I'll probably try cleaning the nozzle.

Back