THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rus_bro

Full Fledged Farker
So I bought my ever Genesis gas grill a couple of years ago and today the right for fell off.

I see the bottom of the doors are really rusted out. Looks like the the only spots taking Rust .. wtf!

Rb
974ed16e49369480796cd6231b3d7d53.jpg
896b28e8e1491fc78d98abb2643fe96f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What is "a couple years ago"? It might still be under warranty. That's some severe rusting and if it's only like 2yrs old or so I would contact Weber.

What is "a couple years ago"? It might still be under warranty. That's some severe rusting and if it's only like 2yrs old or so I would contact Weber.
Looks like February 2016.

That's a 3 year old, $1000 grill.

Think I may definitely contact Weber

Rb

I’d 100% call Weber and email them the pics!

Unacceptable in my book...

Yeah, I’d be a bit frustrated too. I’ve had old and newer Weber Genesis grills... Weber definitely does not produce the quality that they used too. Still a great grill with a fantastic warranty... but they used to be greater ;)

Do you live in the ocean? Or on a salt flat??? :razz:

I'd be pretty disappointed, too. Hopefully Weber takes care of you, they're usually pretty good on warranty stuff.

I started with an email to customer service... pictures attached.

Going to see where we go from here. Hope it works out, I dont want to have to change my entire weber fleet because of a bad taste in my mouth (bbq pun).

rb

Gonna keep my eye on this thread...the door on my spirit fell off the other day. The bottom 'hinge post' has rusted out all around it where the post just falls through the floor. Probably past any warranty time though...

Gonna keep my eye on this thread...the door on my spirit fell off the other day. The bottom 'hinge post' has rusted out all around it where the post just falls through the floor. Probably past any warranty time though...

exact same thing that has just happened to mine... i hope this isnt a trend.

rb

I had a gasser that rusted out like that on the corners, my dog liked to lift his leg on it whenever he passed by. I think he preferd the kettle cooked food

Hmm.. well my dog is an AHole in general terms. Not ruling that out.

rb

The cart on my 2002 Silver C has a lot of rust. I used high heat caulk to fill the gaps and it's working fine. My son the welder is supposed to fix it someday...

Well.. I have to say I am always very skeptical of companies these days. Even the brands like Weber that have made their name on quality and customer service, I have my doubts.

I dropped Weber an email attaching pix and a description, explaining my pit is out of warranty, but only 3 years old. It had been a week and nothing. Well today I get an email from Weber showing an order with a message. They are shipping me 2 new doors and new set of frame pieces at no cost..

I have to say I'm truly impressed. I was dreading having to swap out all of my Weber gear and for a soap box to curse their name all that ask me about bbq equipment.

I am once again steadfast in my love of Weber. Long live the Genesis gasser, the copper Weber kettle and the trusty old Weber Smokey Mountain!!

Rb

Back