Fan Boys

not really sure what you mean but we all love our cookers and talking about them. kind of what we do. this is not really the type of place where we attack each other. there is an ignore feature where you will not have to see posts from a particular member.

Depending on what you are talking about it is usually better to ignore a hornets nest than to disturb it.

Fans of boy bands, maybe???

Them too, everyone has their own taste in music, I guess. Im more of a country guy.

Definitely put then in their place. If by "place" you mean "taco".........:-D

I have no idea what this is about.
This is more confusing than the original question. Maybe you're the fan boy. :laugh:

Fan boys are welcome to buy mine...they are officially up for sale for cheap.

Oh! I have groupies, but, they are more into how I wear my jeans.

This is more confusing than the original question. Maybe you're the fan boy. :laugh:

Look if I've said it once before I've said it a million times..............If being a Michael Bolton fan boy is wrong, I don't want to be right :clap2::clap2:!!

But, seriously what the heck are we talking about here :becky:

LOL at many of the answers.

I just find many people won't be honest about the bad side of their smokers. In other words even when there is proof they still act like nothing is wrong. Wouldn't it be better for all of us if people were just honest about things?

I gave an opinion on a certain brand of Pellet smokers that are known to have major issues, and said just do your homework then a bunch of them acted like nothing has ever been wrong.

I just said do a google search, and tell me there isn't issues. I just stopped because you will never get the truth. IMO people that spend a ton of money won't admit they bought a POS or maybe that is too harsh, a smoker with known flaws.

I just felt it is wrong to spend other peoples money, and not point out both sides.

Someone is definitely trying to stir the pot! I'm sure many are just playing but for those that don't know a fan boy is someone who is attached to a brand. Ford vs Chevy, Apple vs Android vs Microsoft, Lang vs Shirley, Weber vs Big Green Egg...

I think you will find your answer quickly by reading some of the threads. There are many people who are loyal to brands or styles. Will they go so far as to cover up bad things out of loyalty, I don't think so. This is a pretty good group of people you are mixing with here so if you want honest opinions you came to the right place.

Oh.... Now I see. There are plenty of opinions around here. And some folks take it harder than other when you don't agree. If someone asks a for input on a purchase, if you have some advise I would share it. If someone recommends a cooker that you think is inferior, then just state the values of you choice. I would not slam the other brothers opinion. We all have our opinions on what cookers are the best. And ones we would never buy. But sometimes it comes down to cost and availability as well. And not the one you really want long term. All that being said, there are some folks here that will state their opinion as fact. And that bother me. Lets share our thought and experience on cookers and then let folks decide given the hopefully good information we supplied.

IMHO

Either the OP really threw something in from left field with the Fan Boys reference or we are all really old and did not get it. I think I know the answer. :cry:

Keep in mind "Burnt To A T" that people are loyal to, and pay a lot of money for their smokers. Criticism should be fact based. Nobody wants to be told the $$$ they invested in a smoker is wasted and their stuff sucks. I would also go as far to say that most of the deficiencies with any smoker out there have been addressed here and most likely a solution has been found. We are a pretty ingenious group of people. Just take a look at the UDS thread.

Also, the culture here is VERY non-confrontational. The moderators run a pretty tight ship. Once again if you have facts to back up your opinions we are all ears.

You can meet some great people here, and you might learn a thing or two.

Back