Brinkmann Cimarron Smoker Restorition Project

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I just picked up a old Brinkmann Cimarron Smoker and will be bringing it back to a new and improved condition . this is 1/4 steel and heavy duty as they come and wish the new ones were still made this way . I will be posting pics in its current condition and will be showing the mods I will be doing to it to make it a efficient cooking machine and post pics of the restore progress .

current condition is pretty dang good .

DSCF6140.jpg

DSCF6142.jpg

DSCF6146.jpg

DSCF6151.jpg

DSCF6148.jpg

Good luck with the project. Can't wait to see the finished pics.

Good luck with the project.

The current condition looks better then a lot of cookers in use now.
Looking forward to seeing your finished pics.

It looks to be in pretty darned good shape and a nice find! The old saying of "They don't make them like they used to" sure applies to most smokers these days

I even found another one for $100 but it needs a lot more work .

The guys at Smokerbuilder.com and BBQ Smoker Supply are making some pretty cool Reverse Flow and aftermarket items for these types of offset smokers.

It was unfortunate I wasn't aware of them when I was into rehabbing the Bandera an NBBD.

that's the exact same one I have for my little smoker!!! I will be looking forward to seeing what you do with it, especially any mods.

got it burned out tonight and was real easy to get it to 400 degrees with four chunks of wood . when I buy a used smoker I liked to burn all the seasoning out and start over and get it seasoned with what I cook with , you never know what people cook now of days , lol . going to start tomorrow on sanding and getting the old paint off and I am going to try and get it done by this weekend if my metal guy can get the tuning plates cut .

Good luck man!! The smoker looks pretty darn good as is if you ask me. BTW, my tuning plates were just the 4*8 inch weld stick Lowes had. I shaved them down a tad because the ends had paint on them but they are still basically 4*8.

Can't wait to see the first cook!! I'm throwing 3 racks of ribs and two pork butts on mine this weekend for a BBQ bash! Gonna be fun to get her fired up stuffed full of meat!

I got the tuning plates being cut by my local metal dude but he will not have them ready till Monday so I worked on getting the smoker ready to paint . this thing needed a lot of sanding and grinding with a rust stripper wheel but after 6 hours of work it is almost ready to be painted and plan on doing it tomorrow as long as the weather holds out .

DSCF6154.jpg

DSCF6157.jpg

Grats- that's one bad boy. I keep watching CL a backyard offset- but most everything is Chinese paper thin/rusted thru (but "still really in good shape"). One day maybe.

Damn nice find. I'd love to find an older THICK pit like that, but unfortunately they never seem to pop up around here. Good luck on it man I'm sure it'll be a great cooker for you.

yeah you pretty much haft to check craigslist every day and be ready to jump on it , wish I would of picked up the other one for $100 too .

well the rain finally stopped long enough to get it painted and I will get it mostly done tomorrow if my tuning plates get cut .

ready for paint

DSCF6164.jpg

the primmer and paint I used and the paint was a semi gloss but cost $3 more a can than the flat but I think I like it better .

DSCF6168.jpg

all primed up

DSCF6170.jpg

DSCF6171.jpg

painted and my finger hurts , lol

DSCF6175.jpg

DSCF6176.jpg

had some left over gaskets for the smoker chamber from another cooker so I put that on and installed a better and bigger temp gauge .

DSCF6194.jpg

gauge off the old Stump's is much bigger and better quality .

DSCF6180.jpg

stem is much longer and will be closer to the grate temp

DSCF6182.jpg

DSCF6195.jpg

Back