Anyone got private stock? Lets see it!

J

jmoney7269

Picked up some good'ens yesterday. I'm always on the persuit for comp meats. My boy Bradley called me yesterday and said he got a pallet of big cab nationals in, come on we will pick through em. Walked away with a 17.6 lber and a 19.78 lb mohunker! The big one is sitting in the fridge waiting for day 50 then will hit the deep freeze to join his brothers and cousins
6AE6A4F5-EFA7-4A94-8AA3-A4029AAE22C1-1247-00000115C2E43D95.jpg

16D38766-985B-440C-9462-A515CE8BA1C3-1247-00000115AC9E8253.jpg

C981B4E0-520E-4E8D-8673-CBB119910FB8-1247-00000115CC75329A.jpg

We need some specifics on how to cook that stuff on the bottom shelves (time, temp, marinate, slather, rub, sauce - you know how do you make it taste tender & good).:biggrin1:

Very cold and no humidity. Speeds up the drying phase I'm sure.

Actually the opposite. Just like meat, freezes the moisture and retains the natural sugars in the wood. Note this is for fruit woods only and to be used as smoking wood, not as a fuel source. The top is golden delicious apple splits I chop my own chunks off when needed. The bottom is sweet bing cherry.

All I gotta say is I'm jealous!!! Any houses for sale in the area???

Strange goings on!! I thought BBQing was supposed to be simple such that the mere male could handle it. Trust some to get complex!!!
John

This may be a dumb question, but can you use previously frozen/past use by date meat at a comp? I thought they inspected that stuff.

This may be a dumb question, but can you use previously frozen/past use by date meat at a comp? I thought they inspected that stuff.

If they, the sanctioning body, didn't allow people to cook past date food, nobody could compete. Nobody that's serious about BBQ competitions waits 2-3 days before a comp to get meat.

Meat inspections for KCBS are only to see if the meat is not seasoned or brined, the correct size (pork butts => 5 lbs), and stored and chilled safely. It is not necessary for KCBS to even have the original label from the meat package.

If they, the sanctioning body, didn't allow people to cook past date food, nobody could compete. Nobody that's serious about BBQ competitions waits 2-3 days before a comp to get meat.

We do. What's wrong with that? I get wet aging brisket, but what's so wrong about getting meat a few days prior?

Back