Phubar's CabSav'd,Bacon Wrapped,Wasabi Nut Crusted Chick Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
A while back I got some wasabi nuts from Brethren Shiznit.
Yesterday I cut up a chick again.
Phirst I let it swim in cabernet sauvignon,wrapped the pieces in bacon and chicken skin and dipped them in egg wash and crusted wasabi nuts.
For side I made some bami (noodles) with paksoi...

IMG_8755.jpg

IMG_8756.jpg

IMG_8758.jpg

IMG_8759.jpg

IMG_8760.jpg

IMG_8765.jpg

IMG_8757.jpg

IMG_8761.jpg

IMG_8763.jpg

IMG_8766.jpg

IMG_8767.jpg

IMG_8768.jpg

IMG_8769.jpg

IMG_8753.jpg

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8762.jpg

IMG_8770.jpg

IMG_8771.jpg

IMG_8772.jpg

IMG_8775.jpg

You're a chicken cutting machine! Nobody does them legs better than you bro. That last pic is making me hungry, I'd hit that and I hate wasabi! :thumb:

Bet the Wasabi added a great zing to that chicken. Looks great!

You're a chicken cutting machine! Nobody does them legs better than you bro. That last pic is making me hungry, I'd hit that and I hate wasabi! :thumb:

Well...I expected more heat from the wasabi nuts,maybe because of the smoking process some of the spiceyness went into thin air.
Had the same experience with katjang pedis nuts.
The Phlour,eggwash and nuts made a dang good crust....and bacon beneath the chicken skin is also very tasty!:cool:

:twitch: You have got to be kidding me Phubar!! How do you come up with this stuff? I love me some wasabi peas - but that looks like it would be too dang hot. But a great idea! Thanks for sharing, that is off the hook!

:twitch: You have got to be kidding me Phubar!! How do you come up with this stuff? I love me some wasabi peas - but that looks like it would be too dang hot. But a great idea! Thanks for sharing, that is off the hook!

Peas will work as well from what I've read.
Got the crust idea from a German BBQ forum I'm on as well...

file.php

That looks like a special dish! Great ideas there - way to kick things up a notch - again!

That reminds me of the wasabi oil - have you used that for anything yet? I recently found out it's for finishing touches before serving. I still haven't used mine.

Phu, that chicken looks killer. What I really want though is a thread with recipes for all your side dishes, they always look so damn good.

Back