The wife endorses a Santa Maria pit in the backyard...

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Dang, am I a salesman or what? I convinced my wife that a firepit in the backyard would be a fun and decorative addition to our house. She liked the vision of having friends over and sitting around the fire........

Then, I made a few additions (thanks to Groundhog66), so that it will now be a firepit that is actually a Santa Maria style grill. I just can't wait. Woot! Woot!

Ooohhhh yesss... That's gonna be awesome Marty!

SHow us the progress once you get started. I'm sure it wont take you long!

Cheers!

Bill

Show me the plans! brick or concrete block and veneer stone? What kind of grate and adjustment are you planning? A Grillery is decorative.

Show me the plans! brick or concrete block and veneer stone? What kind of grate and adjustment are you planning? A Grillery is decorative.

Jeez Bob! No plans yet, I was just after a buy in! This will be similar, somewhat to Tim's(groundhog66) and will be about a foot in the ground. I will need to pour a concrete (maybe 10 X 10) pad off the edge of my deck. I'm thinking maybe veneer stone or brick but really looking for ideas right now.
Got any??

But definitely not a Grillery! I didn't put all my money in gold, you know.

Marty

Marty... On behalf of husbands across the board... CONGRATS. I have taken notes on how you initally addressed the situation. "Hun, wouldn't a fire pit be awesome for you and your girlfriends to hangout around and just sip wine all night...? Well I mean, I CAN just add a cooking grate to the top right?" :heh:

Good job bruv! Congrats! Always have loved the look of cut stone (veneer or not) thats my 2¢ :thumb:

Cheers

Well, designing attractive backyard accessories is sort of what I do, actually, I spend other people's money, that is what I really do best,

I wish I could find a way to spend other people's money. Lord knows, I'm very proficient at spending my own...

Woo hoo! :icon_clown:clap::clap2: The next best thing to having a Santa Maria pit in my yard is having one in your yard! If you ask my wife it is better in your yard. :heh: If you need an additional manual laborer let me know as I'd be happy to help in exchange for future cooking privileges on your pit. :razz:

Well, designing attractive backyard accessories is sort of what I do, actually, I spend other people's money, that is what I really do best,

Funny ole world aint it! haha

I like to spend other peoples money to, Especially when i reap the rewards! i think theres a name for that type of person! haha

You my friend are going to love that cooker! You may as well go for the pizza cooker too while it is good! You know romantic dinner in Hawaii ,candle light, boat ride, etc...:twisted::p

You my friend are going to love that cooker! You may as well go for the pizza cooker too while it is good! You know romantic dinner in Hawaii ,candle light, boat ride, etc...:twisted::p

She has already said to me, "So, I like the idea of a firepit, but all you can think about is cooking meat". I have to be careful, here...

Back