THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

while we are spending Martys money- I would put a waterfall coming down the hill to a pond with a nice stone fire pit in front of it.

those are some great ideas and something for me start mulling over in my head. Thanks Bob!

Bob's invoice is in the mail I heard...:becky:

Inspirational Marty! Actually, Redhot's been bugging me about a fire-pit for quite some time but she's been thinking about those pre-made steel jobs for the patio. Once I get my yard sorted out...

Thanks to BBQPD

Thanks for posting my BBQ for Marty to consider. Here are a few more pictures. Enjoy.

This is a shot of the install. The fire pit existed. I made the grill to fit. The knob in the center of the hand wheel is the grill selector. Each grill moves independently. The grills are 25" across the flats and the total height is 39".

finaltouches.jpg

This is in the shop. It shows how the grill sections are removed for cleaning.

centerinsert.jpg

Here is a good shot of the hand wheel. This is the owner getting our grubby finger prints off of the stainless.

proudowner.jpg

This is the first fire. We cooked some chicken and sausage for a few people that came over. We started drinking beer after the install so the picture taking took a back seat.

firstfire.jpg

This is the lift mechanism that is inside the top tube of the frame. The lift is all internal and completely silent. There are no detents or chains to stop the grills from falling. It is all done with the mechanical advantage of the acme thread pitch. The second picture is the drive end of the lift.

lift.jpg

drive.jpg

I will be building a free standing fire block lined pit. Since there are some regions that do not allow wood fires I am working on set up that will allow you to use charcoal or gas. So that's it for the bbq for now. Hope your build turns out good for you Marty.

Best regards,

Phil

Back