Hot Banana Pepper ABTs, Spatchcock Bird, Ribs 2 Ways

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Dinner of opportunity tonight.

Found some hickory last week laying out for trash. Split it all this week and some of them were ready to burn.

jewl94gg.jpg

Farmers Market over the weekend had Hot Banana Peppers...figured we'd try them as ABTs.

g2QEnulg.jpg

6F5syAug.jpg

Went to the grocery store today for a slab of spares on sale at $1.67/lb and they had a small 4 pack of beef short ribs marked down as Managers special...$4.00 for the package.

WhrMu8Bg.jpg

zKSCnGMg.jpg

Making chicken soup this week and needed a chicken. Sam's has them $.99/lb but you have to buy two and I only need one for soup.

kaKq1asg.jpg

So what do you get? Dinner.....

I66EgRQg.jpg

Last edited:
You had a pretty great weekend!

Grub looks fun. Thoughts on those ABTs using banana peppers vs. jalapeños?

I LOVE the bargain bin at the store... especially when I find stuff like those beef short ribs.

The banana peppers were not really hot at all. They are thinner walled than the Jalapeño which makes them easier to cut and trim, and they take less time to cook. Flavor was good, but I prefer the Jalapeño. It was a decent experiment.

That chicken looks great, I'd be good for a quarter and maybe, probably a wing. :hungry:

I had a wing and a few ribs, plus some ABTs. My 11 year old put down a leg and thigh plus a baked potato and some brocolinni. The 13 year old had about 8 ABTs and 2 short ribs plus the broc. All in all a great meal and we have leftovers for the next few days.

Back