Duke City Shenanigans - Thai-Inspired Ribs w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
CINCHOUSE asked for an old favorite from our Buccs "back in the day."

I pulled a few things together... fish sauce, shallot, soy sauce, lime juice, Thai red chile, garlic...

aFqfUaHl.jpg

I removed the bottom membrane from the ribs, rolled the rack, and eased them into a large zip-top bag, added the marinade, and massaged it all together.

5MaIcSol.jpg

It's been in the fridge for a bit with a few massages and flips and the like.

Tomorrow, I'll fire up some more of that El Diablo charcoal with some hickory to continue the process.

Tonight's pork chops plan quickly gave way to lighter fare when I arrived home from work with roquefort and cotswold cheeses, a small container of dolmades / dolmas, and the wife sliced up some honeydew melon with fresh lime.

What a brilliant start to the weekend. More to follow.

Thin blue and kind regards.

Red Boat! Yessir! I have a feeling you'll dig this thread & I have a feeling I'll dig checking out this here thread this weekend - looking forward to it! :hungry:

Red Boat! Yessir! I have a feeling you'll dig this thread & I have a feeling I'll dig checking out this here thread this weekend - looking forward to it! :hungry:

Thanks for the link to the Red Boat thread, Greg. I had no idea it's a Brethren venture. I've heard great things about it in the past, so I picked up a bottle to try at a large Asian Market near work. When I opened the bottle last night, I was impressed by the depth of the flavor and odor from the bottle.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
etuuXlul.jpg

Time to give these bones a wrap. - This time I'm using a bit of CINCHOUSE's homemade apple sauce underneath for a little sweetness and some moisture.

Co9cXI3l.jpg

Meanwhile, it's time to make the Sriracha Glaze.

The Yes, Dear Red rolled into town JUST in time... thanks to some MadMan on the East Coast! This is perfect.

MEWu8cwl.jpg

Oh, yes. Almost time for these kids to sit in a warm oven for a bit before dinner.

bJd1Lkgl.jpg

Thanks, folks. With some help from my junior assistant (before the whining started). I applied some pecan rub to a JD hot sausage chub and restoked the fire to a blazing 250F-ish with some more hickory.

Q0rxPFAl.jpg

Tunes flow from my bluetooth speaker as the munchkin dances 'round the back yard.

XRXDYJJl.jpg

That looks really good, I could almost elbow Munchkin out of the way

Back