Socially Distanced Smoking Virtual Barbeque Contest

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
Anyone else sign up for this contest today? April 6 - 19 in Washington, MO. The BBQ League and KCBS are partnering for this event. According to the email, contestants will present a series of photos, videos and recipe/description for KCBS Certified Barbeque Judges to score for Appearance, Taste and Tenderness.

There were not additional details such as: will this contest count toward the number of events judged or maybe count as a volunteer, or the number of judges that would be selected.

Anyone else sign up for this contest today? April 6 - 19 in Washington, MO. The BBQ League and KCBS are partnering for this event. According to the email, contestants will present a series of photos, videos and recipe/description for KCBS Certified Barbeque Judges to score for Appearance, Taste and Tenderness.

There were not additional details such as: will this contest count toward the number of events judged or maybe count as a volunteer, or the number of judges that would be selected.

That is a question to take up with KCBS on how it counts. Email them for clarification. If anyone has questions about the competition side of things, I can answer those. We need a bunch of judges so sign up if you are a CBJ and want to judge.

Full details on the competition rules will post tomorrow on THE BBQ LEAGUE members page.

I found a baggie big enough for my computer, so I'm set to judge ...

s-l300.jpg

That is a question to take up with KCBS on how it counts. Email them for clarification. If anyone has questions about the competition side of things, I can answer those. We need a bunch of judges so sign up if you are a CBJ and want to judge.

Full details on the competition rules will post tomorrow on THE BBQ LEAGUE members page.

I signed up this morning. And will likely KCBS if they don't have a follow-up or something on their site. From the email: The Organizer will be setting up a webinar and have a video tutorial available for selected judges to explain the process and tools used for virtual judging.

I jumped on this yesterday! Trying to find out if a camera on my end is required.
Ed

I watched the information session today with a Zoom invitation, and it sounds like ~500 judges submitted requests, and 70 were randomly selected. But all judges can watch and score at home to learn the procedure. I believe ~70 teams have signed up for brisket, and it sounds like Monday (noon) is the first table of judging. Monday evening will have either 1 or 2 more tables. 10 entries per table. Cooks submit a photo for Appearance, a 15 second video to demonstrate Tenderness, and a write-up to describe Taste. Ribs will be featured in the next competition, and it's expected the cook turn-out will be larger.

I just found an email from KCBS, if you signed up for judging the Virtual Contest, The BBQ League is giving a $20 discount for annual membership. This really sweetens the deal. :thumb:

Back