American Royal -- will this make cooks happy?

Just being truthful, I'd rather have his advice about comp cooking than yours.....

I believe this thread is about judging, not cooking, so your statement is wrong. After all, what does a damned judge know about cooking, eh? Never mind I've been BBQing since before you were alive. People with an open mind can learn something from anyone. As a doc, I learned a lot of things from nurses and PAs and medics. Just gotta set aside that ego.

I've been BBQing since before you were alive.

And now, the great seer, soothsayer, and sage, Okie the Sawbones will share with us when Burnt at Both Endz was born in an effort to validate his quoted statement, and not fall into the deep abyss of #AlternativeFacts

... I'm envious of the people on SASS Wire Forum #justsayin

And now, the great seer, soothsayer, and sage, Okie the Sawbones will share with us when Burnt at Both Endz was born in an effort to validate his quoted statement, and not fall into the deep abyss of #AlternativeFacts

... I'm envious of the people on SASS Wire Forum #justsayin

Wipe your lips. You have a little bovine scatology drooling out.

I believe this thread is about judging, not cooking, so your statement is wrong. After all, what does a damned judge know about cooking, eh? Never mind I've been BBQing since before you were alive. People with an open mind can learn something from anyone. As a doc, I learned a lot of things from nurses and PAs and medics. Just gotta set aside that ego.

Okay, lets talk judging. Me and the wife went to Iowa last weekend to judge the Sam's Club event. They did the SW shuffle, while I stood in line, I did notice there was only 3 judges with more experience than me that was judging that day....so I agree what does a damn judge know about cooking.... oh wait, I do have multiple 700 pins, 180's, category wins, championships.

I'm sorry that I'm not impressed with your credentials...just sayin':thumb:

I've bashed judges? There are not contests without judges.

The topic has been discussed 6472817474828 times. Its clear that KCBS isn't going to remedy the problem anytime soon. /rant

I've bashed judges? There are not contests without judges.

The topic has been discussed 6472817474828 times. Its clear that KCBS isn't going to remedy the problem anytime soon. /rant

It won't if people don't keep speaking up, instead of playing silly cooks vs. judges games, with the obligatory chest thumping. Contrary to what some believe, a lot of folks tune in here, even if they just lurk. And contrary to what some try to portend, I want every cook to succeed. I won't let a nasty minority sour me to KCBS.

Judging will never improve until they start testing judges. Anyone can sleep through a class, raise a hand, and voila, a new judge is pumped out. This is BS. Not only should a judge have to pass the didactic portion with a grade of 80%, they should have to pass a 'wet lab' so to speak.

Will it happen? Some people laughed at Trump's chance at POTUS.

Wow, this thread really sucks. I remember why I haven't been on here much.
As a cook responding to the OP, am I glad they are trying to show action toward having an evenly judged contest? Yeah, sure, why not. With so many teams competing, will it really matter? Probably not. There is a bigger problem here and it does not necessarily have to do with the number of competitions one has judged.

Wow, this thread really sucks. I remember why I haven't been on here much.
As a cook responding to the OP, am I glad they are trying to show action toward having an evenly judged contest? Yeah, sure, why not. With so many teams competing, will it really matter? Probably not. There is a bigger problem here and it does not necessarily have to do with the number of competitions one has judged.

So state what the 'bigger problem' is, and offer suggestions. I'm here to learn, not to play games with the judge haters.

Just need to replace the postal worker uniform with a lab coat, and voilà

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbS2KSRUVHo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbS2KSRUVHo[/ame]

Back