Not 'Cue - TanTanMen Reprise - w/Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
For some reason, we've had a hankerin' for our favorite ramen bowl from Okinawa. This is one that I've posted before, and that Jeanie/cowgirl has made look ridiculously delicious and beautiful (vs. my rather utilitarian model).

Recipe is available via the link(s) or a brief search. Not that many Tantanmen cooks on the forum.

I started off with a pound of ground local pork in a skillet.

Jn9n9iml.jpg

I didn't have any sake, and I didn't feel like making another trip to the store today. We had the dregs of a good white wine in the fridge... so I mixed them together and let them sit (with no heat on the pan) for about 20-30 minutes.

uxa2lIdl.jpg

I browned off the pork, but added a solid 4 Tbsp of Tamari / Soy Sauce to the pan about 1/2-way though the cooking process.

fvC5J3sl.jpg

I warmed about 500-700ml of good chicken stock with 4 Tbsp tahini... NEVER letting it boil.

7HfzQ08l.jpg

Meanwhile, I got the liquid bits together and added them to our bowls.

n2coN9wl.jpg

Once the pork is pretty much done, in the same skillet, I use some sesame oil (a little goes a long way) to cook some color onto some garlic.... OK, a lot of garlic.

A4dG8ASl.jpg

I like to take the pork past just browned and a little into the crispy arena. Meanwhile, noodles appeared in bowls. I hate that I can't find non-freeze-dried ramen here... but... :roll: BossLady's rice noodles (GF) are in the middle bowl.

e0siMX9l.jpg

I topped the noodles with the pork, and added Japanese chili/spices... this is a "normal" amount for CINCHOUSE.

Siu7BRsl.jpg

I get a bit "mental" (as my Brit friends would say) with the spice.

2gD9kIpl.jpg

Here's a quick side-by-side with mine (L) vs. munchkin's (R).

EhJ8gu8l.jpg

Munchkin took out about 2/3 of hers, and gave 2 thumbs-up.

I struggled through, but got the job done.

97njO42l.jpg

I absolutely love that stuff! lol Can't thank you enough for sharing the recipe Shadow, it's amazing! Thank you again.
Looks delicious!

Merry Christmas to you and family! :grin:

Back