High Plains Lockdown Fridge Dive - Korean Ramyeon w/ Spare Ribs (Pt 10 of X?) w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Apparently, I'm on a bit of a "kick" with taking cheap instant ramen/ramyeon and making it into something much bigger/better.

About 10 days ago, I had a serious hankering for Okinawan TanTanMen, and had a successful easy lunch for the whole family.

After Brother ULC down near Atlanta posted some awesome Korean BBQ and a couple of soups, I needed to get back on the hump for more experimentation.

Today, I started with sesame and chili oils in the pot to just soften and put a little color on some onion and garlic, I added chopped spare rib from Saturday's Spare Rib cook (the ones with the Apple Rub from Wazzufan).

CkRRSeCl.jpg

I added the spice packet, the freeze-dried veggies packet, and gave it a good stir before returning to heat.

KysVtJzl.jpg

I wanted a bit more depth of flavor than the typical Shin Ramyun soup base, so I added about a heaping tsp of Beef Bouillon to the pot as the water came up to boil.

lortfJel.jpg

I got a little steamed up in the process, but all the kids went in the hot tub for about 5 minutes.

Ul7JW87l.jpg

Oh, this is happening again! CINCHOUSE tweaked her bowl with less spice and more beef. Even the munchkin crushed a bowl with no spice, and she's down to nap off her food coma.

JOjWgxkl.jpg

RV0PXz6l.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Maybe I'll sneak in an episode of Bosch Season 6 while my girls are down for a nap!

That Better than Buillon stuff will fix a dish up proper!

Between you and my son - y'all farkers gonna have me eating ramen again!

Totally hittable, Marc! :hungry:

Heck yeah! I love doctored up instant ramen! That looks great, Marc. I might have to try adding beef or chicken stock to the ramen. Shin Ramyun is also my favorite ramen.

I've tried adding all kinds of things to the ramen. I like adding fresh bean sprouts. Slice of cheese is also pretty good. But my favorite is fresh oysters. Oyster ramen is incredible.

Marc, Sir you really nailed that, I would seriously enjoy a bowl,or three, of that; and yes, I too would need a little slumber.

Okay, you all have convinced me, better get out another bowl. I don't eat ramen often at all, but that may now change. Looks great!

Back