Large charcoal grill ?

How about a cinderblock pit like sleebus.jones built? Think he spent $40 on the cinderblock. I bet you could weld up some angle iron and expanded metal for a grate. You don't need the reverse flow option he built.

You guys have a Texas bash coming up right? Why not turn it into a fundraiser for a sweet grill? Cook up some awesome eats and sell to the public. I bet some local businesses would get on board with it.

How much are they paying per month to rent the current grill? If it's $50 per use per month, which is $600 per year, I'm sure you could come up with something much better around or even less than that...

They pay $60 per rental ( 24 hrs - pick it up Evening n return the Evening of next day or first thing 2nd morning) , every couple of months. If they had a Grill then the kitchen would grill once or twice a month.

They pay $60 per rental ( 24 hrs - pick it up Evening n return the Evening of next day or first thing 2nd morning) , every couple of months. If they had a Grill then the kitchen would grill once or twice a month.

There you go. Make them rent it from you! A good way to justify ordering a Shirley.

The bash is coming up, let me know if i can help

Larry

So, according to you, they spend $360 per year on renting a grill they don't even like using?

26" Weber kettle...two of 'em. Paid for in less than two years. :loco:

Last edited:
If you can keep the grill in 1 place all the time I would build one out or cement blocks

Back to trying to Find something this Broke Azz Non Profit I Work for ( halfway houses and counseling for drug offenders coming out of prison) can Afford. Something you could Grill for 110-120 people on. Like 24x60” with Top grate to Rotate/Hold meats as we load more fresh meat on main grill. Usually chicken but burgers n sausages too. A very kind pit builder offered to build one and donate it but at the time I was going to leave because they (work) pissed me off BUT I’m still here and we’re talking about it again ........also I work at 2 locations about 5 miles apart- so have to be moved back n forth - not necessarily on a trailer but something 2-3-4 guys could load into the back of a cargo van or a pick up and move from one location to the other .

Last edited:
Back to trying to Find something this Broke Azz Non Profit I Work for ( halfway houses and counseling for drug offenders coming out of prison) can Afford. Something you could Grill for 110-120 people on. Like 24x60” with Top grate to Rotate/Hold meats as we load more fresh meat on main grill. Usually chicken but burgers n sausages too. A very kind pit builder offered to build one and donate it but at the time I was going to leave because they pissed me off BUT I’m still here and we’re talking about it again ........also I work at 2 locations about 5 miles apart- so have to be moved back n forth - not necessarily on a trailer but something 2-3-4 guys could load into the back of a cargo van or a pick up and move from one location to the other .

Haven't run back through the thread to remind me of what's been said, but couldn't you easily just fab up a couple of old school barrel grills ? Cost should be minimal, to the point that you could probably build 2 of them, one for each location.

Haven't run back through the thread to remind me of what's been said, but couldn't you easily just fab up a couple of old school barrel grills ? Cost should be minimal, to the point that you could probably build 2 of them, one for each location.

I Been thinking about that - have to get them to let loose of a credit card to hit the metal supply house.......

Ya they don’t do petty cash. Something they can buy on credit card or on account. Hard to get them to spend money but when you finally do they’d rather purchase a whole unit then buy parts and make something. Their weird like that......

Back