Ever cooked a 20 pound bacon cheeseburger...in a tornado (just sayin')

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm my own harshest critic but y'all...this video is so fun to watch.

Basically this started out as a typical collaboration with T-roy and Kenneth who is another friend of mine who runs a newer channel called "What's New BBQ." The goal was to make a huge burger.

Originally the plan was to make it in the 26 inch Weber kettle and the MAK Grill but the MAK wouldn't start after the storm (was tripping GFCI's...need to check the ground wire tomorrow) so we ended up doing the whole thing in the Weber and it turned out way better than I expected.

This is almost more of an adventure video than a cooking video. The storm footage was pretty intense. Which reminds me, be sure and watch it with sound as it adds alot to this one. I know that sounds funny to say but a lot of people don't listen to the video...they just watch it. (Probably at work.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_eFNP3a_Tg

Last edited:
Just pharkin' WOW! Love it! :thumb:

Damn the torpedoes, tornadoes or hail....the cook must go on! :-D

Well done, Baby back!

On my bucket list. Minus the tornado. :mrgreen:

Great video! Now I see why Troy was growing his beard.

You need to properly mix the dialogue with the background track. Otherwise they will compete in the same audio wavelength and will get worse when YouTube down samples your video.

http://www.4kshooters.net/2015/07/09/how-to-mix-dialogue-with-music-for-your-video-production/

Thanks for the link. I'll look into this more. Tell me the scene were the music was competing with the voices and I'll see if I can tweak it. Not the storm as the hail made so much racquet there is not clean voice audio. Thanks.

I spend about 2-3 hours leveling out the audio in every video. Youtube screws with it once they get their grubby internets on it. There is nothing I can do about it.

Oh, I understand.

When you're listening with headphones and all of the sudden there is a 70 db jump that blows your head off, it will make you :mad2:.

Its got it all, action, drama, camera, lights burger. Great video, love it.
keep up the good work Justin.

You had me until Mayo. But scrape that mess off, and send me a chunk with a bit of yellow mustard. Good job.

lol. It's funny because this is a common sentiment. Well not necessarily hating mayo but missing mustard...and pickles. People likes what they like...there was no combination that was going to win. lol.

Justin, Just noticed the video in your sig.

Another Great one! We don't need no stinking smoke ring! More and stronger wood may have helped like Pecan.

Back