Hunsaker overnight brisket.

stangman327

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I decided to tackle a brisket with my new Hunsaker. Since this was my first brisket with it I wanted to try something different this time that being and overnight cook.

I seasoned it with some Oakridge Black Ops, SPG and a thick coating of black pepper.

I put it on around 2130hrs....let’s see what happens.

IMG_5292.jpg
IMG_5294.jpg
IMG_5296.jpgIMG_5297.jpg
IMG_5299.jpg
IMG_5304.jpg

Since I’ve never done this before I set up the electronics to monitors the progress throughout the night.

The Hunsaker stayed pretty much rock solid between 220-225 all night. As you can see after almost 9 hours my internal temp is 146.

IMG_5305.jpg
IMG_5306.jpg

I started with a full basket and I’m wondering how much longer the charcoal will last.

This Hunsaker is awesome and I’m pleasantly surprised on how well it’s maintained it’s temp through the night.

Oh and before anyone ask yes I did us the Vortex plate.

Think I’m going to crank it up to 250 to get it moving along.

I’m starting to notice my temps are dropping...think I need to check my fuel. Like I said this is an experiment for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good! I've never tried an overnight cook in my Hunsaker drums. I'm interested in how the rest of the cook goes!

Nice cooker! Is your exhaust stainless?

After 9 hours I figured your IT would be closer to 180* or higher. Can't wait to see the end results!

Nice cooker! Is your exhaust stainless?

After 9 hours I figured your IT would be closer to 180* or higher. Can't wait to see the end results!

Yes it is and I figured it would be closer to 180 as well.

I started with a full basket and I’m wondering how much longer the charcoal will last.

This Hunsaker is awesome and I’m pleasantly surprised on how well it’s maintained it’s temp through the night.

The first time I used a Hunsaker drum, I filled the charcoal basket pretty full (lump), probably 75% to the top, and it ran above 300* for over 11 hours before I had to shut it down since I was going to bed...it would've ran another few hours I'm sure based on the amount of fuel left. I was like :shock:

Over cooked it... I know an over cooked brisket when I taste one. In a few weeks I’ll go back to and analyze what I did wrong and make another one.
IMG_5315.jpg
IMG_5314.jpg
IMG_5312.jpg

Back