Paella de Mariscos on the Kamado

The paella looks fantastic!

I am riveted on putting cucumber in wine? Never heard of such a thing...now will have to try it.
Thank you BevoBurn. The Sangria was very good. The honeydue melon, mint and simply syrup added sweetness that was nicely contrasted by the cucumber. Give it a try.

Paella is one of my favorites. Quality ingredients and Saffron put it over the top.
Thank you Long Tong. Yes I used quality ingredients and they weren't cheap. All told this dish cost me around $65.00 to make but I could have easily made it cheaper and still be excellent. I got 14 very healthy portions out of it so the cost per portion wasn't that bad and the wow factor was definitely there. I very happy with the result.

Well Worth The Effort

Thank you Long Tong. Yes I used quality ingredients and they weren't cheap. All told this dish cost me around $65.00 to make but I could have easily made it cheaper and still be excellent. I got 14 very healthy portions out of it so the cost per portion wasn't that bad and the wow factor was definitely there. I very happy with the result.

Worth every penny when you nailed it like you did. Quality isn't cheap. I once complained to a Jewish Deli owner about dropping the best part of $20 bucks on a Roast Beef Sammi and his only response was "It's Quality" with a Yiddish accent.:mmph: I've never complained about the price or quality since then...

Worth every penny when you nailed it like you did. Quality isn't cheap. I once complained to a Jewish Deli owner about dropping the best part of $20 bucks on a Roast Beef Sammi and his only response was "It's Quality" with a Yiddish accent.:mmph: I've never complained about the price or quality since then...
I totally agree. I looked at what a very popular Spanish restaurant (Sevilla) in San Diego charges for a similar paella. They charge $27.00 per person.

I just did the math and $65.00 divided by 14 servings come to only $4.65 per serving. Not bad for that dish.

Now #20.00 for a Roast Beef Sammie does sound a little steep.

Killer job!! On my list of to do dishes. I know it was done right because this::becky:

17842002140_445a84d207_z.jpg

Killer job!! On my list of to do dishes. I know it was done right because this::becky:

17842002140_445a84d207_z.jpg
Thank you SSV. I'm not sure what the cross signifies for sure. Is it signifying a crucifix? Maybe it's asking for God's blessing or something else. I'm not sure but this seems to be the way all the Spanish chefs did it.

Glorious ! Looks seriously delicious. Love anything with shellfish and this would certainly fit the bill.

Back