charcoal deals-Wal-Mart Kingsford 2X16.6lb for $7.50

energyzer

is one Smokin' Farker
Here is the link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2939337

Here is the opening post:

Best of Charcoal 2011 - Kingsford Charcoal 33.2 lbs $7.50, Memorial Day '11 Charcoal Wars
Memorial day is huge for charcoal sales and I hope to track the best in this thread.

Walmart's ad starting 5/22/2011 shows that you can get a 2 pack of 16.6 lbs of Kingsford charcoal for $7.50 (last week's sale price was $7.48 for one bag). This should be the beginning of a week and a half of charcoal wars between Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart. In preparation for last year's Memorial Day, Home Depot had a 40lb deal for about $11, I believe anyway, and Lowes came in a few days later with a buy one get one free deal that turned out to be a slightly better deal. I've attached an image of the page below.

Walmart - 22.6 cents per pound
Lowes - No entry yet
HD - No entry yet
Costco Bay Area - 52.8 cents per pound --- Kingsford Competition Briquets 2 - 18 LB Bags $18.99

Last edited:
cool

I make it a point to visit HD & Lowes on Memorial Day & Labor Day weekends just for the charcoal deals. Guess I'll have to add WalMart to the list.

Don't forget to ask about damaged bags. When I purchased my pile at HD, 2X20lb, I bought some damaged bags for 50% off sale price. That is 40lbs for $5.49, or $.14/lb. When I got them home, I weighed the bags, and they were all 20lbs.

If you follow that slickdeals.net thread I posted, the person is updating the starting message with prices as they find them.

Sweet thread, was thinking about this today. I bought a skid worth of bags of Blue K at HD last year on memorial day weekend and I'm down to my last 2 bags

So far, my store's local ad (online) still says $7.48 for a single 16.6lb bag. Oh well, I think I hit Home Depot hard enough that I'll be ok this summer.

I found (hidden outside in the garden area) the double packs for $7.50. I bought two double-packs. If Lowes or HD have specials, I'll look at them.

Jeff See

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Home Depot has traditionally had 2 20lb bags for $9.95 for Memorial. Last year I bought 600lbs. I'll do the same this year...

After being a big K brand fan for over 20 years, they have simply lost my business when they started screwing around with the price! I started shoping and found Royal Oak as well as several other briquettes and lump - which I favor. NEVER AGAIN!

Royal Oak is 2 for $9 for 18lb bags at Menards thru Memorial day. Since I can us a HF coupon to bring it down even more may try it.

Ah, you are right about that I believe. Menards is much more strict about taking that coupon. HD it would be golden..they just don't care. Can use it on anything there.

brickie

I cleaned out my local Walmart yesterday:becky:

0_IMAGE_506.jpg

Back