THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boomers bbq

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
ADAM
Went to go get a brisket at Sams today, I could not believe how much they wanted. They were over $100 for choice.
Looking for other ideas besides pulled pork..
Any help would be appreciated

I make a pepper gravy fondue..
Lots of options for dippin' material.

https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2018/02/pepper-gravy-fonduethis-was-insanely.html

XKWzkk4.jpg

biscuits and gravy..

zp5xFTR.jpg

smoked sausage...

D6n2Hkr.jpg

chicken fried steak...

nINsn3F.jpg

Just an idea for finger food.

Pork (at least in Nebraska) is priced pretty good right now. You could do sliced pork! That could put you in a position to do something complex as cuban sandwiches, or just simple sliced pork. It's something different that doesn't break the bank. Flank steak (for tacos) is also priced decently. Otherwise, the other comments have a lot of merit. YEah... it sux right now. I feel bad for all of us that just want to pump out some good eats for guests.

I like the Cuban sandwich idea.

Easy, fast, can customize, all ingredients are cheap. Heck I may even make one this weekend. Sounds good.

Bacon wrapped Saltine Crackers. Half a strip around each saltine. They disappear quick!

The above idea but with use Fire Crackers instead of plain saltines.

firecracker recipe----

1lb crackers (normally use saltines)
1 1\3 cup canola oil
1 pk dry ranch dressing
3 tbs red pepper flakes (normally 1 is enough)

Mix the liquid mixture really well. I use an immersion blender

Put crackers in large plastic container and pour mixture over crackers
tumble often for about 15 minutes until oil is no longer running down the sides of the container and is fully absorbed into the crackers
Cracker variations: saltines, Ritz, oyster crackers, Cheeze-its or the cheese flavored goldfish crackers.

Variation: Good
Tried using 1 1/3 cup bacon grease. Also added 1 tsp each of granulated garlic, granulated onion and black pepper and ½ Tbsp of Tajin seasoning. Next time I would bake in 250 degree oven for 15-20 minutes after the crackers had sat for 12-14 hours.

Next recipe is simple good but goes with the fire crackers so well.

One 8 ounce block of cream cheese. Remove block from package and cut in half lengthwise. Cover each half in your favorite barbecue rub or do two different rubs. Variation: instead of rub cover each half with a Sweet Thai Chili sauce such as Mae Ploy. Or perhaps use a chutney.

Enjoy the game,

Thanks,

Robert

Back