Finally! Found bone-in beef short ribs at Costco in GA

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've been envious of people in California and elsewhere with Costco Business Center which carried bone-in beef short ribs. Costco Business Center in GA only carried boneless which is nice for grilling but I prefer bone-in for smoking. Today I stopped by the Morrow location and was shocked and happy to see they're finally carrying bone-in beef short ribs! I hope this is not a trial but rather permanent change. Price was good at $3.89 /lb so I picked up a pack.

10DaCivh.jpg

JW2vp5Lh.jpg

Wait, what people in California? Where? I have NEVER seen them at costco in my area or any other store for that matter. lies I tell you, lies!

Dang I'm jealous, never seen them at my Costco.

I can get them for $4.19/lb here in PA. I am ok with that price because i can get the butcher to cut me 2 bone's at the thickest part as long as i buy 4 bones total pack. They cut the rest into your standard short rib packs.

Two bone's is actually better for having a nice bark on more surface.

That’s my favorite Costco to go to even if I work down the street from one in Alpharetta. It’s an hour away from me but the place is practically void of families so I go there. And take my family lol.

It may be that only the Costco Business Centers carry them. I never knew there was a difference until I walked into one.

Wait, what people in California? Where? I have NEVER seen them at costco in my area or any other store for that matter. lies I tell you, lies!

This is at Business Center and not regular Costco.

That’s my favorite Costco to go to even if I work down the street from one in Alpharetta. It’s an hour away from me but the place is practically void of families so I go there. And take my family lol.

I normally go to the Alpharetta or Dunwoody location. But I make a point to stop at the Morrow Business Center if I'm near the area for work. The business center is my favorite Costco as well since they have items not found at regular Costco.

Damn, mine only sells boneless for $10/lb

It's because you're shopping at regular Costco and looking at the price of trimmed boneless. Untrimmed is lot cheaper. It was $6.49 /lb yesterday. Of course you have to buy the entire 24 pound package at $158. I have like 200 pounds of boneless in my freezer.
IYBRwluh.jpg

Beef Ribs

Hi All Here in North Jersey Costco Business Center, choice beef plate ribs $4.29, not bad price..I like the beef ribs much better then brisket.
Prime brisket $ 3.19
DanB

You got me excited when I saw the thread title. Then I found out that my local Costco in Ringgold GA does not carry them. :cry:

If I want whole plate ribs I have to go to Sam's in Chattanooga TN. The ribs there are $6.99 + 9.75% TN tax. :evil:

Hi All Here in North Jersey Costco Business Center, choice beef plate ribs $4.29, not bad price..I like the beef ribs much better then brisket.
Prime brisket $ 3.19
DanB

I like smoked beef ribs much better than smoked brisket myself. Most of time when I buy brisket, it's to grill hot and not to smoke. Thinly sliced brisket grilled is awesome and is up there in taste with grilled short ribs and ribeye. This picture is beef brisket thinly sliced and ready for grilling over hot lump charcoal.

AVY67Xbh.jpg

I like smoked beef ribs much better than smoked brisket myself. Most of time when I buy brisket, it's to grill hot and not to smoke. Thinly sliced brisket grilled is awesome and is up there in taste with grilled short ribs and ribeye. This picture is beef brisket thinly sliced and ready for grilling over hot lump charcoal.

AVY67Xbh.jpg

Assuming you have a nice meat slicer? That looks awesome! Philly cheesesteak sandwiches for days!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
I just ordered 18 lbs of bone-in short ribs through Crowd Cow (love their stuff). I am almost embarrassed by what I have been paying for SR’s vs what you guys are seeing. At $5ish/lb, if they looked good I would stock my freezer big time! :)

AVY67Xbh.jpg

Interested in seeing the end results. How long on the grill and do you just dump the whole pile on or do you stretch each piece out?

Thanks,

Robert

Assuming you have a nice meat slicer? That looks awesome! Philly cheesesteak sandwiches for days!!!

No, I have really cheap $100 slicer. I use Chef Choice 609 slicer which I paid like $70 on sale. I bought it to slice meats and it works perfectly fine for my need. Easy to use and clean up. Easily paid for itself multiple times on the money and time I saved.

Interested in seeing the end results. How long on the grill and do you just dump the whole pile on or do you stretch each piece out?

Thanks,

Robert

I cook lot of Korean BBQ at home so I grill right at the table inside the house if the weather isn't nice or grill outside on the deck when the weather is nice. When I grill inside the house at the table, I have two different electric griddles I use.

This is one of the electric griddle I use at the table inside. This is a picture of grilling the thinly sliced brisket.
y6zh2Cgh.jpg

And other inside electric grill I use at the table. This is grilling pork belly slices.
7eHkp1sh.jpg

Now when the weather is nice, I do Korean BBQ on the deck with charcoal on my Weber Smokey Joe and Weber Go Anywhere. Here's picture of what that looks like.
3urKN9Vh.jpg
oLqRoYIh.jpg

Here is a link to the cook thread about Chadol bagi I did last year. Chadol bagi is what thinly sliced beef brisket is called in Korean BBQ.
https://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257515

I eat more beef brisket grilled this way than smoked.

I need to venture down there one day, but it is about an hour with no traffic which means it could be an awful trip :-D.

That price is about $.50-1 cheaper than Restaurant Depot depending on the day so saving the gas $ makes it about even. My next trip back from FL I might just need to swing in there as I know they carry a lot of other stuff too.

Back