What are you cooking for the 4th?

Arkantex

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The title says it all... What do you guys plan on que'ing up for the 4th? I think I am going to go with some ribs and stuffed jalapenos... Not to sure yet.

Picked up a nice ribeye roast to make for some friends on either Sat or Sun.

Plan on some ribs for one of the other days. Most likely Monday.

After reading a thread that was posted in the Woodpile - I think that I will make pressed tofu burgers cooked over an electric grill.

After reading a thread that was posted in the Woodpile - I think that I will make pressed tofu burgers cooked over an electric grill.

I hope that they get a better reception than the veggie MOINK balls! :crazy: :boxing: :becky:

I'm thinking about trying out a new rib recipe one of the days, and I'll probably grill some steaks on another. Right now the forecast for Monday is storms, so that may be a good day to go out for dinner :thumb:

Don't forget the liquid smoke for flavor.

I just found a recipe for a Barqs Rootbeer BBQ Sauce in another thread that I am going to have a go at with the ribs.

Dont forget the lighter fluid on the electric grill. :shock:

Back on topic really dont know yet. Will be at the pool so I will be cooking something including myself.

july 4th

just some sweet corn and a rack of babybacks I think. Going to try to teach my dad how to smoke some ribs. I got him a char griller last summer and taking the smoker box over there this weekend. Hope it goes well.

Jason

Just pulled a Pork Butt out of the freezer to do. Will also do a beef chuck roast. I'll do ribs as well if I find some at a decent price. Thinking of doing Dr. Sam Talmidge's Brunswick Stew recipe (with a little modification) as well. Been a while since I've had some good Brunswick stew. Naturally cole slaw and corn on the cobb will be on the menu.

Ribs, it's what's for the 4th.

Pretty much my staple meal on the 4th of July. I've created a monster by sharing them once now everyone expects them.

I may do a brisket too since it's a long weekend.

Six 2-inch choice ribeyes, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, homemade cole slaw, beans, summer squash and some stuff we don't know even about yet. I ain't cooking it, either. I told my neighbor I'd supply the steaks if he did the cooking! My job: Drink beer!

Looks like I'll be doing Ribs, pulled chicken and baked beans for the family. Other members are bringing potato salad, grilled corn and some deserts.

we are not sure what to have yet. We had a big family BBQ this past weekend where we smoked a bunch of shoulders for pulled pork (served with dogs and brats for those who wanted/latenight snacks, homemade- slaw, potato salad, stuffed shells, pasta salad, apps and cheesecake and brownies for dessert... we took two days off from work to clean house and prep)

but..My buddy and I just split another pig so Maybe we will do the ribs and have a few friends come over for a BYOB get together (Not sure if the wife will give the OK to have another big party though!

Six 2-inch choice ribeyes, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, homemade cole slaw, beans, summer squash and some stuff we don't know even about yet. I ain't cooking it, either. I told my neighbor I'd supply the steaks if he did the cooking! My job: Drink beer!

That sounds like a good idea, except I don't have a neighbor that I would trust with a nice steak :rolleyes: :becky:

I just found a recipe for a Barqs Rootbeer BBQ Sauce in another thread that I am going to have a go at with the ribs.

If it's the same Root Beer sauce I use, it is a real crowd pleaser. The rub and spray that are it's companions make for some tasty, tangy ribs. Good luckl

I wonder if I can read the entire UDS thread AND have a UDS ready to cook with by the 4th.........

Received the OK from the boss to build one. Gotta strike while the iron is hot and before she changes her mind.

I'm doing a one day rib cook on the 3rd so I'll probably go to Chuy's for the Elvis Memorial Enchilada Platter instead of cooking. Then watch the fireworks at Randolph AFB while eating a bomb stick or two with the fam....

I wonder if I can read the entire UDS thread AND have a UDS ready to cook with by the 4th.........

Received the OK from the boss to build one. Gotta strike while the iron is hot and before she changes her mind.

Make the move ASAP! they always seem to change there mind at some point...

Back