THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

By all accounts that is rumored to be one sweet cooker!

Fire that mother UP!!!

Nice! What’s the SN on that bad boy? I think it’ll be on the back side of one of the side shelves... I think. Definitely a first gen 2 Star with the lower portion of the cooking chamber being powder coated vs SS. Look forward to seeing you fire it up and hearing whatcha think :)

I will check, its been around for a bit so Im sure you are right. There is some paint flaking on one of the legs and a bit of surface rust there I plan to address.

Nice! What’s the SN on that bad boy? I think it’ll be on the back side of one of the side shelves... I think. Definitely a first gen 2 Star with the lower portion of the cooking chamber being powder coated vs SS. Look forward to seeing you fire it up and hearing whatcha think :)

#00004XX, so yeah Im guessing that's an early one :thumb: it recently had most of the guts replaced from Mak so Im hoping it'll be a solid cooker underneath all the grease and grime.

#00004XX, so yeah Im guessing that's an early one :thumb: it recently had most of the guts replaced from Mak so Im hoping it'll be a solid cooker underneath all the grease and grime.

Oh yeah, a classic :)

It’s a MAK, can’t imagine it not being solid under the gunk! Dying to know how much you picked it up for... by the way you worded things, guessing $500ish?

I really don't understand why the buying price is a secret. It's not like anyone is asking for your tax returns.....

Did you pick this one up off of craigslist? I had been keeping an eye on that one and was surprised it hadn't been snagged up sooner

Yeah...that's the one. It was pretty dirty, maybe that scared people away lol. It was even dirtier than I expected, actually. I went to town with some oven cleaner and a razor blade last night, still going to require another day or two of work but it's getting closer. I have most of the cook chamber down to bare stainless steel now.

I also learned something - oven cleaner burns skin :shock::oops::razz: I had gloves on but some got on my upper arm, pretty nasty burn. I am going to try Simple Green tonight.

Underneath all the pellet powder was a bunch of caked on grease. The pic doesn't really do it justice...really really dirty.

Last edited:
Yeah...that's the one. It was pretty dirty, maybe that scared people away lol. It was even dirtier than I expected, actually. I went to town with some oven cleaner and a razor blade last night, still going to require another day or two of work but it's getting closer. I have most of the cook chamber down to bare stainless steel now.

I also learned something - oven cleaner burns skin :shock::oops::razz: I had gloves on but some got on my upper arm, pretty nasty burn. I am going to try Simple Green tonight.

Underneath all the pellet powder was a bunch of caked on grease. The pic doesn't really do it justice...really really dirty.

I don’t think I will ever understand people that neglect the things they buy to that degree! Happy to see that this MAK is now in good hands :)

Back