Long Island Superbowl

motoeric

Babbling Farker
So, anyone doing anything for the Superbowl? Want to get together at Hooters or somewhere to catch the game?

Eric

We're doing the Mid-Winter, Freezer Clean-out, I-Don't-Give-a-Crsp-About-the-Superbowl Smoke-a-thon at my house that day. Turning some venison, lamb and pork pieces into sausages. Cooking a couple of butts and some ribs. Anything else that looks like its been in the freezer too long goes on the fire, too. Followed by the yearly Stuffing Of The Families.

Wine & Swine was thinking of having friends at the restaurant and making a big pot of chili, wings etc. for the game. Anyone in??? We can chip in on beer, maybe bring some potluck type dishes and they'll whip up some stuff. Just a thought.

I could prolly talk Greg into that!!! Sounds fun!!! Plus I have been dying to see the place.
nancee
Wine & Swine was thinking of having friends at the restaurant and making a big pot of chili, wings etc. for the game. Anyone in??? We can chip in on beer, maybe bring some potluck type dishes and they'll whip up some stuff. Just a thought.

Possibly, just need enough notice to try and line up a baby sitter. Otherwise, I might be stag.

Hmmm Nancee's got a good point (I haven't seen the place either...lol)...sounds like fun, keep us posted :biggrin:

If this is on i am definitely in.

yeah, me too.. I was trying to have something here, but tthe basement is still torn apart from running wires and gas lines. I'm in for an offsite!!

We would definitely be in!!

Couple of Q's:

- Is the place closed?
- If we do pot-luck, will we be able to heat stuff up in the kitchen?
- Chip in on beer, etc. I would be glad to put up for a keg or something like that.
- How many people is he maxing at? I would be bringing 2 - 4.
- If the kitchen is staffed, I would be happy if we could purchase something(s) that take-out well to take home to thank him for his offer.

Once we get confirmed and a roster of folks, let's put up the pot-luck ideas.

Go Giants!!!

I'm sure John will chime in when he gets a break but his plan was to be closed and we could definitely reheat things in the kitchen. He's trying to get the TVs hooked into the surround sound this week.

Should be fun!

I'm sure John will chime in when he gets a break but his plan was to be closed and we could definitely reheat things in the kitchen. He's trying to get the TVs hooked into the surround sound this week.

Should be fun!

If that's the case, it will be awesome if he is able to do it!

Keep us posted.

My pot luck items:

- Pesto pasta salad
- Chicken and Broccoli (garlic heaven)

Sounds like fun, but Taste may never be the same!

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but should know later in the week.

Alright so here is the plan. Taste will be closed to the public. I am planning on making a big batch of green chile, a ton of wings and Ed is going to make a few funky things as well (he is calling it "molecular white trash" so God only knows what he will be making). If we want pulled pork sliders let me know and I will get a delivery of rolls. Everyone chime in on what they plan to bring and how many people. There are 14 seats at the bar (with 2 flat panel TV's) and tables in the front which we can set one big across the front for about 20 and then can configure the other 20 or so seats in the bar room however we need to. There is also another flat panel upstairs (with a seperate bar) and another 25 or so seats. I will have the surround sound hooked up throughout the whole place. I am not planning on having any staff on the clock except maybe a dishwasher. I have 10 beers on draft and a full bar so we could either have everyone chip in to cover basic costs or I just do really cheap drinks and charge on consumption. Please try to give me an idea of how many people and what time do you guys think is good? I have pork going to Willie's this week so if you guys want pulled pork sammies let me know and I will throw in a few extra butts (we could also do BBQ nachos!). Should be a blast.
John

If your doin wings, I'll skip them and do a pasta dish with the sausage and peppers. (unless you want different kinds). Pay per play for the bar is my vote.

Im in for 2-3(me and james and maybe one other.)

3-4 for me.

Beer for me any way you want to do it. I would be glad to do pay-per or just pay for open beer. Don't go overboard with selection, etc. FYI anything Lite is fine for me.

If you do open simple bar - no cash register management! I would be glad to volunteer as bartender for a spell.

You know you can count on us (and the rest of the Brethren) to assist with setup and breakdown/clean-up, too. D/W might be good idea but we can do rest of service.

I would like to get there about 1hr ahead. Setup, etc. before kick-off.

Back