THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron_L said:
Too bad they are in cages. Zebra ribs may be interesting :-D

BillM... Do the rules really say no coffee pots? That's a problem. Good thing I'm bringing a coffee urn instead. :rolleyes:

Ron-yes they do..i finally read through the packet last night and was surprised to see that..no coffee pots, nesco roasters, etc...just bbq equipment ...so i guess electric smokers are ok???:rolleyes:
hey im just ignoring it..we will have coffee going in the morning and our music mixes plugged in the whole weekend...

I received some more information from marsha a few minutes ago...

Glad we could begin to straighten this out. You will get the wristbands when you check in. There will be some limit--maybe 10 or so--and I think if your guests call to say they're at the front gate you or someone from your party can take them up to them. Our gate people know to let people with wristbands in. They'll need to leave by 11PM on Friday and Saturday can be there from 10 AM until 3:30/4:00 (when awards are done.) We have to clear the Zoo for the concert Sat. nite. (You're getting 2 free tickets for that, too!)

Just thought you guys would want to know!

See everyone tomorrow!

The Zoo website (racinezoo.org) says;

Friday kicks off with a gala 'hoe down' with the best barbeque spread around catered by Saz's. Enjoy cajun fiddling sensation Amanda Shaw, and regional country band, Chasin' Mason as they keep the party going all night. Cheer on your favorite CEO as they complete for bragging rights in the CEO Grill-Off Challenge. Food, entertainment, and drink are included in the ticket price. Gates open for ticket holders at 4:30 PM; Grill-Off starts at 5:30 PM; Dinner service begins at 6:00 PM; Entertainment begins at 7:00 PM.
Wake up early the Saturday and smell the smoke as over 20 professional barbeque teams compete in the Wisconsin State Barbeque Championship! Contest begins at 10:00 AM, and awards at 3:00 PM. Cost for daytime admission to the Zoo and the event is $5.00 per person for 16 and older. Admission is FREE for Zoo members, children under 16, and for those who have purchased tickets to the evening concert. Don't go home early as country superstars, Josh Gracin and Tracy Byrd, will perform beginning at 7:00 PM. Tickets are only $40.00 per person. To purchase tickets for the the Friday party or Saturday concert, visit www.racinezootickets.com or call (262) 636-9189.

The Brethren in Racine

I hooked up with Parrothead, Bob and RonL at the Racine Zoo this afternoon. dswfondy was also there along with some other bros'

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

More as I get them loaded . . .

Anything but . . .

had to use 2 of 3, beer, brats, cheese. The RonL prepared brat-quebabs, with a beer and mustard glaze.
8ac2e840.jpg

b79a1fa3.jpg

Desert

had to contain chocolate. Parrothead & Bob made icecream with grilled glazed pineapple and chocolate syrup, garnished with mint leaves.

DSCN1565.jpg

DSCN1566.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

Congratulations Billm with Chi-town smokers! Grand Champion!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a great time at this venue. It was very well run for a first crack at a competition. We got our first iron as well. 5th in ribs was decent as we haven't been able to place well in ribs before. Once again we just need to put them all together at the same comp.

We got called three times. 5th in ribs, 10th in chicken and 2nd place for Ron L's shish-ka-brats.

This has been my best contest for getting to know our local competitiors as of yet, and got to spend some quality time with buzz (2fat) as he was not competing ot judging, but just came down to hang with all of his cooking buddies.

Was also great to meet Ciret and pimpsmoke and spend some time with them. Thanks for pitching in and helping out guys! It's always appreciated. Now you have to talk the ladies into letting you make it down here for the bash. After all we came up to visit in your state. Tell them that it is only right that you guys come down and visit us in ours.

As usual, we learned some valuable stuff and met some great people.

Ciret, post some more of those pictures when you get a chance. Especially the brethren flag with the jack daniel's girls.

I'm with Greg. It was great meeting all of the Brethren! Having Ciret and Pimp with us was a big help. Ciret was our official runner for turn ins and Pimp helped out whenever we needed him, and both guys were a big help when we were packing up! Thanks, guys!

Having a competition at a Zoo was pertty cool. They had a few restrictions that were designed to protect the animals, but it all worked out well. We were right next to the Meerkats. They were very cute, but they kept staring at us!

5422.jpg

Also, when it was my shift to mind the pit (at about 3AM), I could hear the lioness roaring once in a while. She probably smelled all of the food and was calling for samples!

parrothead said:
Congratulations Billm with Chi-town smokers! Grand Champion!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a great time at this venue. It was very well run for a first crack at a competition. We got our first iron as well. 5th in ribs was decent as we haven't been able to place well in ribs before. Once again we just need to put them all together at the same comp.

We got called three times. 5th in ribs, 10th in chicken and 2nd place for Ron L's shish-ka-brats.

This has been my best contest for getting to know our local competitiors as of yet, and got to spend some quality time with buzz (2fat) as he was not competing ot judging, but just came down to hang with all of his cooking buddies.

Was also great to meet Ciret and pimpsmoke and spend some time with them. Thanks for pitching in and helping out guys! It's always appreciated. Now you have to talk the ladies into letting you make it down here for the bash. After all we came up to visit in your state. Tell them that it is only right that you guys come down and visit us in ours.

As usual, we learned some valuable stuff and met some great people.

Ciret, post some more of those pictures when you get a chance. Especially the brethren flag with the jack daniel's girls.

Greg-thanks for the kudo's!
we had a feeling we might get a call or two because we were very happy with our food and cooking this time around but we never dreamt we would get a GC call..truly an outstanding day

was also glad to meet some other folks from the Brethren forum as well

Back